Author Topic: Bucket Seat Back teather cable  (Read 29249 times)

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
Bucket Seat Back teather cable
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »
  Anyone on here know where I might find the Bucket Seat hinge teather cable?  Runs along inside hinge on each seat from the  seat back to the seat main frame.  I can find the screw for each end but not the cable.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Bucket Seat Back teather cable
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »
It's only on the passenger seat (driver doesn't need one since the seat back hits the steering wheel when pushed forward), and as far as I know, no one is reproducing them. Used would be your best bet.

The original part number (in Group 11.381) was 7726498 and it was also used on the 67-69 Corvair Monza. If you want I can ask my buddy Jeff at CALIFORNIA CORVAIR'S if he has any. He won't be back until next week though (Christmas vacation).

Ed

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »
ED, I'd be interested in one too if he has them.  There is a thread on TC where someone got the exact dimensions and made one.  I'll look it up.  The pictures were missing, sorry.
68Z28

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:23:33 AM »
>>>>>Ed;
   Yes, I would be interested in one of these cables.   I didn't realize this cable was only on the Pass. seat, that would explain why it was completely missing from the Driver seat(screws and all).   I have the broken cable and the 2 screws for the Pass. seat, cable rusted through and broke right in the middle.  I was thinking if I really had to a new one could be made with a new piece of cable and the 2 original ends.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

IZRSSS

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 02:36:08 PM »
Is this the cable guys? If it is, can it be adjusted because the seat-back hits the dash?

And, if anyone needs better pics and demensions let me know. I'll see if I can pull it and post.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
Get ur done!
Marty, mine has a five inch cable and still misses the dash by about an inch and a half with the seat all the way forward.
Your picture looks like the cable still has a little slack in it???
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
You learns somethen evrr da...

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »
Ok guys, after the holiday I'll see what he can dig up for us (Yep. Me too. Mines' broken.)

Marty, if your seat is hitting the dash and you still have that much slack, there's something wrong. Measure the cable and see if it's the same as ours.

Ed

joesauer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
Spent close to a year looking for a supplier, found none.  Made one myself, using a damaged one as a model.   If it helps......overall length is 7 in., end connectors are 1 3/8 long with 3/4 OD, and 7/16 ID hole.  Cable is 1/8 in diam. uninsulated.  Grey insulation extends 1 in. past end of connectors (center 2 1/4 of cable is uninsulated).  These dimensions were off the damaged cable on my '68.

Danzo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »
Joesaur
 Where did you buy the ends from and what did you use for insulation?

Thanks.

IZRSSS

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
Ok guys, after the holiday I'll see what he can dig up for us (Yep. Me too. Mines' broken.)

Marty, if your seat is hitting the dash and you still have that much slack, there's something wrong. Measure the cable and see if it's the same as ours.

Ed

Will do...thanks Ed.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
 Posting a pic of mine from my '67, as they are a little different.  The whole cable is coated black on mine, and the ends are not coated.   Overall length seems to be the same.  Connector length also seems the same.  My Camaro is relatively early, maybe they changed sometime during production.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

joesauer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 07:41:01 PM »
Danzo,

When I made a new cable (about 2 years ago),  got the end connectors (Cable lugs) fron a local electronics parts supplier (in the SF Bay Area).  You may be able to get them on line or from a local auto parts store.  Mine are heavy duty, not the cheapie thin gauge aluminum you may see at Radio Shack.  I used ones that were intended for engine bay connections.  I crimped and soldered the connections, then filed off any excess solder.   As to the insulation, I used the canned stuff (can't remember the brand) that's used to dip you pliers, etc. in to put insluation on the plier handles.  Sprayed the finished product black to match my seats.

IZRSSS

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
Ed

Ed - I finally had a chance to take a look at this; "Seat Back Stop Cable". As you can see by the pics, whoever upholstered the seats didn't bother reinstalling it to the seat-base. They simply left it on the hinge. Guess I was lucky they didn't just toss it in the trash. Is it safe to assume the red arrow in the first pic is the general location for anchoring the cable to the base? I'm pretty sure I can feel the female end of the bracket underneath the upholstery in that general area.

Second, can someone tell me where I can find the correct washer and screw in the second pic…AMK Products maybe?

And last, can someone post a pic of theirs anchored in the correct position w/the correct hardware?

anything