Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 175719 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Official CRG Cap?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
I think lots of people (who participate here) would like to have a hat/shirt to represent themselves as serious members of the Camaro hobby, BUT...  before your idea takes wings, you should coordinate with Kurt (or whomever owns the CRG logo/website/etc)...   someone does.. and they have to approve this plan FIRST...  :)

Gary

Yep you’ve stated the obvious. Just throwing some ideas out there hoping he’ll eventually hone in one way or another to let us know if this pipe dream is even possible…

click

• View Profile
    • Our 69 RS
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
Over at Team Camaro, years ago, the previous owner, Al, set up a system with a company in Iowa, (forgot the name) and all he had to do was provide approved logos etc. and then folks just direct ordered from the company in Iowa. The TC site never had to mess with anything. Im sure a similar situation could be set up for CRG  :)
Click is Jim , central Minn.  Moderator at Team Camaro www.camaros.net

IZRSSS

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
Thanks Jim. That seems like something worth exploring.

CRG???  :)

Rich

• CRG Coordinator
  • 68 L30/M20 RS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »
Awakened from the dead for my biannual post... ;) I will note that the core group is having a discussion spawned by this thread.  There are issues associated with creation and selling of items with CRG logo designs that we haven't yet wanted to deal with.  But we're talking about it.  Main thing is we're all plenty busy and bird-dogging this though all the issues would require some time, and even if there were helpers, a core member would have to oversee it, and we don't as yet have a core volunteer for this.

That said, not previously appreciating the demand for such, I just dug up my "original" CRG hat (complete with some sweat salt stains on the black brim - needs to be washed).

If the core group itself also doesn't object (I haven't asked yet ;) ) to a one-off auction (we don't do these things here, normally) , would there be any interest/objection to me auctioning this off here with the proceeds to benefit the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Rich
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:51:20 AM by Rich »
68 L30/M20 RS

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 12:40:27 AM »
Rich I'm all in on the auction if it comes to fruition.  Great idea and a sure bet on the help.  I know it ain't much but I'll open for a Hundred.   (Hey it had to start somewhere)
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 01:18:18 AM »
Anything with the word Camaro on it needs to be licenced. So GM needs to approve.
And it would need to be done like Jim mentioned so that someone isn't burdened with collecting money and distributing all the caps.
Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 02:01:25 AM »
Just curious; does anyone know the details of turning sales over to an apparel print shop? My guess is they are responsible for coming up with all the upfront money? Do they also get to keep all the profits, or are the profits shared?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT… IF CRG & GM GIVES IT’S BLESSING; (actually I was in the process of posting this at the time Kurt posted :) )...

My wife is an elementary school principle and I have watched her work her way through the ranks. One observation I can attest to is that the majority of educators have an extraordinary amount of dedication, drive, and most important… unbridled energy! Couple that with youth and you have a multitasking freak on steroids... which reminds me; isn’t there a new core member who meets this criteria? Yep, and I believe his name begins with Warren.

If I understand Rich correctly it would appear there is a glimmer of hope of having the CRG cap and t-shirt thing become a reality. If this is true then let me be the first to nominate Warren who I know is chomping at the bit to oversee this venture. Given his repertoire of jumping through hoops to satisfy his school district, I think he is the perfect candidate for the job. And again, knowing educators as I do, this process would be nothing more than a blink of an eye for this newest of red guys. ;)

…although I do see the distributing and collecting money part as Kurt alluded to becoming a burden…

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »
FWIW,,, not trying to dampen any spirits.  In my search this Summer to find a T-shirt that closely resembled my car, I heard more than once that Chevrolet/GM is very stingy with licensing T-shirts.  And I'm sure they probably want their fingers in the profits.  I do like this idea and I'm in if it comes to be.  I know I'm getting off the topic here a little bit, my solution to my my search for a T-shirt?  I had a one-off Air-Brushed one made, (no licensing needed for one-off items)  I've attached a photo, AWESOME job.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 04:40:47 AM »
'Chevrolet Camaro' would need GM licensing, but would 'Camaro' by itself?  Isn't that a common spanish word (if memory serves?)..
If 'Camaro' is a registered copyright, then we could do 'C * M A R O  Research Group'.  *G*

PS>  Even if Camaro is a registered 'automobile name', generally trademarks/copyrights are only protected within the specific market; since CRG isn't putting the word Camaro on autos and selling them, it is probably OK..
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

IZRSSS

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »
Very nice Mike but this is more of what I had in mind. The cap and shirt would be navy or black (white works great on you... no signs of dropped chest  ;)) and the back of the shirt would have the three cars CRG members vote to represent each of the 3 years. KIM, skies the limit for the back...

Maybe the back of the cap can have a "First Gen Authority"/ "Camaros.org" script.

IZRSSS

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Marty, like your idea.  I wasn't suggesting Airbrushing,as I said, it was a little off the topic. I was just trying to explain, that was one way of avoiding licensing issue.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Marty,

There are some places that will do small quantity orders, but you still have to pay initial set up fees, etc., and the cost per unit is higher.  There are larger car clubs that do that sort of thing for name tags and hats.  BTW, the hat in John's pic and your hat example are two color setups and that's a little more expensive than one color.

If someone were willing to handle it, then we'd come out a lot cheaper if we made a large order and dealt with shipping them.  That means each individual would need to pre-order.

I'm still in favor of the hat idea, if the Core Groups approves.  But with our "givens" they won't be inexpensive.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Phil - I guess there's no harm exploring options at least until someone irons out the details or pulls the plug. I've got a call into a local mom and pop shop who supplies stuff like this to the local schools. Let's see what preliminary #'s look like so we at least know what we're up against cost wise. I'll post them once I have them in hand.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
Just like business cards or any other paper advertising, there are on-line services for clothing printing and embroidery. Upload your artwork, logos, layout etc, or use their programs to design your own. It's not difficult, I've done my business cards with my own photos. They're on file, whenever I have to restock I just order them. Prices are on every company's site. Or just walk into your local shop.