Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 175712 times)

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap?
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2012, 01:54:33 AM »
I like your rendition as is Marty!  But I agree with Mike S.  CRG should be more prominent.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

IZRSSS

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2012, 02:06:34 AM »
Thanks Mike but all I’m trying to do is post ideas for folks as I get them. Keep em comin and I’ll do the best I can to illustrate the different ideas using the shirt as a prop.

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 02:46:52 AM »
What about losing the RS completely? It's just a bling thing. I mean SS and Z/28 were performance models. If you want you could add ZL1 as another hi performance.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 03:03:33 AM »
I know the RS is just trim, but there are  a lot more guys out there with the RS option than the ZL-1 option. So I thought having the RS would help the symmetry as well as be more inclusive to guys who may just have an RS. You could do this :

RS         Z/28              SS

ZL-1         COPO

but I think it may start looking to busy. Just like if you started listing all the motors, to busy I think

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

IZRSSS

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2012, 03:37:13 AM »
What about losing the RS completely? It's just a bling thing.  
What holiday you celebrating  ??? ;D

there are  a lot more guys out there with the RS option than the ZL-1 option.
Amen

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:04 PM »
What about losing the RS completely? It's just a bling thing. I mean SS and Z/28 were performance models. If you want you could add ZL1 as another hi performance.
I dont se why they should be there at all? It's always such focus on Z and SS! If it's an official CRG t-shirt or cap it should be neutral!!
....or why dont put X44, X33 etc in there as well!...you se how stupid it could look! ;)
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

IZRSSS

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
One member suggested leaving it simple and only using the CRG logo (t-shirt). I like this idea also although the only people who know what CRG is are those who have been members for an extended period of time, and those who stumble on the site by chance, which is how I found it. If the decision is made not to use pics or symbols, the CRG logo should still be defined by what its mission is/represents, First Gens. I think at the very least the phrase; "Primary Research and Restoration Data for First Generation Camaros” should be included and perhaps “camaros.org”.

I don't know of a better way of free advertisement. It reminds me of buying a new vehicle with the dealerships plate still attached...which I usually deep-6 asap. Kinda the oposite of what we do now. :)

BTW, bare with me because I know I'm rambling on about something that's a pipe dream at best...

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
I think having the emblems on the back is going to attract more attention to the shirt, and a lot of people recognize each of them, and would make the connection.  The X-44 X-55  etc.., I think people would miss the point. BUT I do think if you have the CRG banner on the front you should have the website on the back above the emblems, then maybe below the emblems you could put some kind of a quote like " Answers for your first gen Camaro"  or something that identifies the mission of the site.

IZRSSS

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
I like all these ideas but I think once you start picking and choosing which emblems should and should not be included you run the risk of leaving out ~50% of the cars and their owners. One of the reasons I stopped purchasing my own t-shirts is because none of the First Gen shirts have RS/SS on them. My guess is the owners w/o their cars being represented by emblems won’t make a purchase. I know I wouldn’t.

What about something like this; CRG Logo and website in front & CRG Logo and “Primary Research and Restoration Data for First-Generation Camaros” followed by a pic (if approved) of our own cars on back?

http://www.customink.com/lab?cid=mph0-000s-d9s1#shared
Hit rotate to see the back...

joesauer

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
Marty,
My vote is keep the CRG logo + wording.  Loose the RS, SS, etc. but add (in small lettering) the web address.

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »
Marty,
My vote is keep the CRG logo + wording.  Loose the RS, SS, etc. but add (in small lettering) the web address.

I kind of like this idea more. The shirt on customlink looks very nice so you're onto something now. IMO, a picture will eventually fade with washings. Having the wording embroidered would look much better vs screening.
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Just the logo and a brief one liner of 1st gen focus is simple, effective and professional. Anything else is overkill. It's a shirt, not a brochure. Other theme shirts are plastered with colorful graphics and lettering. Camaro owners know what models are available. If I saw a shirt that sparked my curiosity, I'd ask the wearer more information. Business shirts generally have logos above one breast and/or on the back in conservative fashion.  Individual cars screened on the back eliminate volume discounts and wear out quickly.

IZRSSS

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »
Point well taken...Same one liner as in CRG's cover pg? Or maybe you have another one in mind? I think CRG's pretty much sums it up.

http://www.customink.com/lab?cid=mph0-000s-db22#shared

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
I think it looks a bit to conservative. I like the CRG Banner:  I would have the CRG banner with red back round large and centered across the front of the shirt, have the website either under it or on the back by the neckline and then some eye catching emblem(s) on the back: either RS    Z/28    SS *or  have the CAMARO chrome emblem with your one liner under it.

Now if things went well and you wanted to develop a polo shirt, then I agree with Sauron327 that you keep it small. Polo shirts are more business oriented and have a small logo on the front.
My friend gave me a GOLDEN GATE MUSCLE CARS (car club) shirt and it is black with the golden gate bridge across the center with there logo in the middle, I think a t shirt lends itself to more artwork.
If you are just going to create a small logo, why not just hire a vendor to make a CRG patch, then guys can purchase them and put them on T-shirt or POLO, or hat of their liking
which ever color they want.
problem solved.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »
Just the logo and a brief one liner of 1st gen focus is simple, effective and professional. Anything else is overkill. It's a shirt, not a brochure. Other theme shirts are plastered with colorful graphics and lettering. Camaro owners know what models are available. If I saw a shirt that sparked my curiosity, I'd ask the wearer more information. Business shirts generally have logos above one breast and/or on the back in conservative fashion.  Individual cars screened on the back eliminate volume discounts and wear out quickly.

X2 Simple is better.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything