CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 04:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102459 Posts in 12090 Topics by 4669 Members
Latest Member: paulmanta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25  All Print
Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 28267 times)
IZRSSS
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »

I think lots of people (who participate here) would like to have a hat/shirt to represent themselves as serious members of the Camaro hobby, BUT...  before your idea takes wings, you should coordinate with Kurt (or whomever owns the CRG logo/website/etc)...   someone does.. and they have to approve this plan FIRST...  Smiley

Gary

Yep you’ve stated the obvious. Just throwing some ideas out there hoping he’ll eventually hone in one way or another to let us know if this pipe dream is even possible…
click

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »

Over at Team Camaro, years ago, the previous owner, Al, set up a system with a company in Iowa, (forgot the name) and all he had to do was provide approved logos etc. and then folks just direct ordered from the company in Iowa. The TC site never had to mess with anything. Im sure a similar situation could be set up for CRG  Smiley

Click is Jim , central Minn.  Moderator at Team Camaro www.camaros.net
IZRSSS
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »

Thanks Jim. That seems like something worth exploring.

CRG???  Smiley
Rich
CRG Coordinator

68 L30/M20 RS

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

Awakened from the dead for my biannual post... Wink I will note that the core group is having a discussion spawned by this thread.  There are issues associated with creation and selling of items with CRG logo designs that we haven't yet wanted to deal with.  But we're talking about it.  Main thing is we're all plenty busy and bird-dogging this though all the issues would require some time, and even if there were helpers, a core member would have to oversee it, and we don't as yet have a core volunteer for this.

That said, not previously appreciating the demand for such, I just dug up my "original" CRG hat (complete with some sweat salt stains on the black brim - needs to be washed).

If the core group itself also doesn't object (I haven't asked yet Wink ) to a one-off auction (we don't do these things here, normally) , would there be any interest/objection to me auctioning this off here with the proceeds to benefit the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy victims?

Rich
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:51:20 PM by Rich » Logged

68 L30/M20 RS
tmodel66

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

Rich I'm all in on the auction if it comes to fruition.  Great idea and a sure bet on the help.  I know it ain't much but I'll open for a Hundred.   (Hey it had to start somewhere)

Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 08:18:18 PM »

Anything with the word Camaro on it needs to be licenced. So GM needs to approve.
And it would need to be done like Jim mentioned so that someone isn't burdened with collecting money and distributing all the caps.

Kurt S
CRG
IZRSSS
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »

Just curious; does anyone know the details of turning sales over to an apparel print shop? My guess is they are responsible for coming up with all the upfront money? Do they also get to keep all the profits, or are the profits shared?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT… IF CRG & GM GIVES IT’S BLESSING; (actually I was in the process of posting this at the time Kurt posted Smiley )...

My wife is an elementary school principle and I have watched her work her way through the ranks. One observation I can attest to is that the majority of educators have an extraordinary amount of dedication, drive, and most important… unbridled energy! Couple that with youth and you have a multitasking freak on steroids... which reminds me; isn’t there a new core member who meets this criteria? Yep, and I believe his name begins with Warren.

If I understand Rich correctly it would appear there is a glimmer of hope of having the CRG cap and t-shirt thing become a reality. If this is true then let me be the first to nominate Warren who I know is chomping at the bit to oversee this venture. Given his repertoire of jumping through hoops to satisfy his school district, I think he is the perfect candidate for the job. And again, knowing educators as I do, this process would be nothing more than a blink of an eye for this newest of red guys. Wink

…although I do see the distributing and collecting money part as Kurt alluded to becoming a burden…

MyRed67

SZZLN 67

michael-l.campbell@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »

FWIW,,, not trying to dampen any spirits.  In my search this Summer to find a T-shirt that closely resembled my car, I heard more than once that Chevrolet/GM is very stingy with licensing T-shirts.  And I'm sure they probably want their fingers in the profits.  I do like this idea and I'm in if it comes to be.  I know I'm getting off the topic here a little bit, my solution to my my search for a T-shirt?  I had a one-off Air-Brushed one made, (no licensing needed for one-off items)  I've attached a photo, AWESOME job.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
69Z28-RS

owner since '76

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:47 PM »

'Chevrolet Camaro' would need GM licensing, but would 'Camaro' by itself?  Isn't that a common spanish word (if memory serves?)..
If 'Camaro' is a registered copyright, then we could do 'C * M A R O  Research Group'.  *G*

PS>  Even if Camaro is a registered 'automobile name', generally trademarks/copyrights are only protected within the specific market; since CRG isn't putting the word Camaro on autos and selling them, it is probably OK..

Gary W.  /  69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood all tint
69 Corvette convertible, silver/black 350 hp,
60 Corvette white/red, 72 Corvette coupe (2), 
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55 Nomad, '57 Nomad, '57 B/A Sedan
IZRSSS
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 08:16:17 AM »

Very nice Mike but this is more of what I had in mind. The cap and shirt would be navy or black (white works great on you... no signs of dropped chest  Wink) and the back of the shirt would have the three cars CRG members vote to represent each of the 3 years. KIM, skies the limit for the back...

Maybe the back of the cap can have a "First Gen Authority"/ "Camaros.org" script.
IZRSSS
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

MyRed67

SZZLN 67

michael-l.campbell@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »

Marty, like your idea.  I wasn't suggesting Airbrushing,as I said, it was a little off the topic. I was just trying to explain, that was one way of avoiding licensing issue.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
lakeholme

*68-12D L30/M35*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »

Marty,

There are some places that will do small quantity orders, but you still have to pay initial set up fees, etc., and the cost per unit is higher.  There are larger car clubs that do that sort of thing for name tags and hats.  BTW, the hat in John's pic and your hat example are two color setups and that's a little more expensive than one color.

If someone were willing to handle it, then we'd come out a lot cheaper if we made a large order and dealt with shipping them.  That means each individual would need to pre-order.

I'm still in favor of the hat idea, if the Core Groups approves.  But with our "givens" they won't be inexpensive.

Phillip
HNR-AACA, Senior Master
Planning 2016 Sentimental Tour, AACA
AACA Southeastern Division Spring Meet Chair
"Charlotte AutoFair -- presented by the Hornets Nest Region, AACA -- is the largest and greatest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast." --September 18-21, 2014
IZRSSS
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

Phil - I guess there's no harm exploring options at least until someone irons out the details or pulls the plug. I've got a call into a local mom and pop shop who supplies stuff like this to the local schools. Let's see what preliminary #'s look like so we at least know what we're up against cost wise. I'll post them once I have them in hand.
Sauron327

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

Just like business cards or any other paper advertising, there are on-line services for clothing printing and embroidery. Upload your artwork, logos, layout etc, or use their programs to design your own. It's not difficult, I've done my business cards with my own photos. They're on file, whenever I have to restock I just order them. Prices are on every company's site. Or just walk into your local shop.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: