Author Topic: For All of You That Want to Own A Trans Am Race Car  (Read 169666 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: For All of You That Want to Own A Trans Am Race Car
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »
The fuel filler is a nice recreation of the original. Pretty odd to see a pair of stock seats (minus headrests) in there but I guess it's purely street driven.
Jon Mello
CRG

crazyamc

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
....or a very nice A-Sedan car.. ;)    I've reduced the price on my '69 Camaro...  Hemmings online ad #1575354.....    My brother redid a smallblock Corvette that is at Monterey this year. He'll be there crewing for the owner/driver Steve Cole #44,  give him a shout...   Thanks,  Ken

RUNUTZ

• View Profile

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2013, 09:14:54 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Tim.  Interesting car with a photographic trail back to almost day 1.

Not a known Trans-Am car that I can tell but does appear to have done A/Sedan and gymkhana/
Solo 1 race events.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:29:45 PM by Jon Mello »
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
This '68 Z has been bought by one of our forum members, which I think is terrific. In due time we'll be able to see more pictures and learn more about the history of the car.
Jon Mello
CRG

OG69Z

• View Profile

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
That is a project and a half but there are some interesting bits and pieces there.
Jon Mello
CRG

Sixteen Grand Sedan #56

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2013, 12:40:06 AM »
The floors don't appear very rusty ;D
Robert Lodewyk

1109RWHP

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »
Owner said it was in a structure fire! What would you do with it other than a rebody job? I wouldn't think the cage would be any good after being heated in a fire.

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
That #9 69 camaro listed earlier on Racing Junk has been relisted - same price but now showing a lap time of 2:27.2 at RA.  That is a smokin' hot lap time.

I suspect a "modernized" car with a big small block and/or a pro driver.

Robert Barg

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2013, 05:14:29 AM »
That does not appear to be a car with Trans-Am history but A/Sedan history going back to 1971 is not bad.
Here's the link... http://www.racingjunk.com/Vintage/182015187/1969-Camaro-SVRA-VSCDA-HSR.html
George Follmer's pole position time at the 1970 Road America Trans-Am was 2:31.0
Jon Mello
CRG

RUNUTZ

• View Profile

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Tim.  I personally know nothing about that particular car and its race history so if anybody
is interested, please do your homework before doing any bidding or purchasing.  If somebody has further details on
the car besides those posted in the article, feel free to add your insight to the thread.

Here is the text of the ad written by the seller. Don't take anything as fact until you can corroborate it by other means...

"1968 Camaro Z28 Vintage Racer built by the famed Dick Guldstrand.  Being the first professional driver for Roger Penske,
Dick developed, raced and won with Chevrolet Camaros in the famous Trans-am series. Never registered on the street, this
car has a documented race history.  An original Z28 car, the original 302 motor has been replaced by a 355ci.  Four wheel
disc brakes, 12 bolt rear, original ZL1 hood.

TERMS: This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty. Please do not bid on this auction unless you are serious
about owning this vehicle. Please be thorough with your pre-purchase questions and/or inspections. If you want to speak
with me directly, please email me for my phone number. I have done my best to represent this vehicle as accurately as possible.
Thank you and Good Luck!"

VIN: 124378N327324   Ebay seller ID: mb-diesels    Location: Annapolis, MD
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:31:15 AM by Jon Mello »
Jon Mello
CRG

RUNUTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »
You would assume Jon it would be an LA car.Maybe a later build ? That caught my eye.

anything