Author Topic: For All of You That Want to Own A Trans Am Race Car  (Read 169648 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: For All of You That Want to Own A Trans Am Race Car
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2013, 05:18:05 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos, Mike. I see a Motorsports Research decal on the front fender behind the tire.
Were Jim Swan and his company involved with the build of the car or possibly the engine for it?
Jon Mello
CRG

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »
This looks like a great car.  Yes Scott I am originally from the Chicago area and practially grew up at Road America. I will be at Road America for the Hawk but not sure if the car will be ready.  Another bit of news is I have finally been in contact wiht the original owner's son. Rick Ware of Rick Ware Racing and he also drove the car back in the day. It was his father who drove in the Trans Am races.  Great conversation and he has several pics he said he would share. I'm pretty excited. He told me that all the sheet metal is original and the car has never been wrecked. I am anxious to get back from my honey moon and get to work on this....yikes! Mater of fact Rick called when I was due in the court house USVI and she had to come out and get me. Pretty hilarious.To me anyway.  This will make bring the car back much easier.
Anybody moving on this car?

wolfmin

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos, Mike. I see a Motorsports Research decal on the front fender behind the tire.
Were Jim Swan and his company involved with the build of the car or possibly the engine for it?

Jon, I'm not sure about the Motorsports Research involvement.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »
Thanks, Mike.

Karman, I have pointed the car out to three people specifically but I have not heard if anyone has made a serious play on it yet. To me, it looks like a pretty good deal. Just my opinion. That is really cool that you made contact with Rick Ware. I look forward to seeing and hearing what you find out as you converse with him more.
Jon Mello
CRG

HOT3O2

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »
Hey Karman,

Great writeup on your car in May's edition of Hemmings Muscle Machine. It's always nice to know the story behind the car. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
Hi Rick,  Thanks I was wondering when it was coming out.  Great can't wait to see it.

Jon I was wondering about it. It seems like a great deal to me. Price of entry on this is resonable if it checks out.
It may be worth it to have a buddy of mine go look at it.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2013, 05:24:51 AM »
Karman, that's neat you got your car in print already. I don't subscribe to Hemming Muscle Machines but maybe I should start.

As for the Jerry Lagod car, if you have an interest in it and can send a friend to check it out, it may well be worth doing.
Jon Mello
CRG

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »
Some more interesting stuff on Racing Junk - under Vintage Road Racing

MD seat  #181775063

69 camaro #181769125

67 camaro  #181769091

Robert Barg

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:33 PM »
Had one of those MD seats in the ex Alfie Ruys de Perez 69 camaro that Rick and I got from him.  Sure felt strange at first but got used ot it - lots of support.  Not sure how many vintage T/A cars
are using them now or if even legal but I do see some of those early basic buckets being used.

Robert Barg

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:03 AM »
HI Jon,
I have contacted the owner of the Lagod Camaro and he will be forwarding me additional information on the car. It appears that it has been sitting since 86 but it's still all there. I'll keep you posted. Or maybe someone here has already been in touch with him. Either way seems like it might be a good deal if it all cheks out.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
Thanks, Karman. I'm looking forward to hearing further details from you. Intertesting car, no doubt.
Jon Mello
CRG

kdcrmms

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
Here is some preliminary information i received yesterday.  I have some pictures of what the car looks like today along with the spares included. Not sure how to post them.

The car is still owned by Jerry Lagod, I’m just helping him sell it. Here is the quick story. Jerry bought the car brand new in 1968, proceeded to make it a race car, never drove it on the street. He ran Trans-Am and SCCA nationals and maybe some other stuff from 1968-1972. The car then sat in his garage till about 1987 when his son, Max, decided he wanted to race. Max went through the car and ran it in locally a few times in 1988. They decided to get a tube chassis car instead and this car has been sitting in the garage since. Max passed away 2 years ago and lost interest in all his race cars. The car was put away running, however, since it has been sitting for so long, I’d at least check some of the major components. If you need more information, I’ll be glad to forward your number to Jerry.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2013, 05:11:05 AM »
Karman, if you email them to me I can post them for you.
Jon Mello
CRG