Author Topic: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28  (Read 216288 times)

cjm465

• View Profile
Re: barrett jackson las vegas Z-28
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 02:32:57 AM »
They mentioned the double badges, RS and Z/28 on the grille, Thursday night. Now they showed a supposed pic of the day that car was brought home new, so is it possible a car was badged like that or ???

Classicgary

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 03:21:30 AM »
[edited per request]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:36:56 PM by KurtS »

SSJunkie68-69

• What was I thinking.....Dierks Bentley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
Question for ya....what did you do with the trim tags & hidden vin? Where they salvaged and used on this to make it a questionable re-body or where they buried with the car and what's on there now is fake also?

$125K is a lot to pay for a tribute/clone/recreation or whatever else you want to call this '69 Z.

Thanks for coming forward with this info. We need to keep the real cars real and expose this type of deception from our hobby.

1968 SS L34 Convertible Work in Process
1968 SS/RS L34 Convertible Restored
1969 SS L89 Coupe Vintage Certifed

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 06:13:02 PM »
Did you also notice they kept calling it one of the best documented Z28's ever? Kind of iroinc.....
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »
The trim tag and vin number tag and paperwork is real.  I flagged the drive train as a restoration drive train in the report on the car.  I am not at liberty to post reports to the public or on a public forum.  This car was also judged at the Camaro Nationals this past summer in the "Bow Tie" class and scored a silver.  Car was nicely done but there were a lot of little things.  I can't believe that someone paid that much for the car with a resto drive train.  The X-ram and carbs were real though.   

Jerry   

Classicgary

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 10:32:07 PM »
[edited per request]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:38:22 PM by KurtS »

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
wait,let me get this straight!you say the paperwork and vin is real.but it came from another body that has been long gone!this to me sounds illegal.how can this be certified by some self proclaimed guru?its not a restoration drivetrain.its a illegal transfer of vin!i didnt hear anything about this on tv!

The trim tag and vin number tag and paperwork is real.  I flagged the drive train as a restoration drive train in the report on the car.  I am not at liberty to post reports to the public or on a public forum.  This car was also judged at the Camaro Nationals this past summer in the "Bow Tie" class and scored a silver.  Car was nicely done but there were a lot of little things.  I can't believe that someone paid that much for the car with a resto drive train.  The X-ram and carbs were real though.   

Jerry   

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:12 PM »
Fordrocks,

If you're referring to me as some self proclaimed guru, I do have the state and national credentials to back up what I do.  If you don't beleive so, look me up at the Camaro Nationals where we can talk face to face.  I am there every year.

You have not seen the report so you don't know all of what was disclosed during the inspection. 

Jerry   

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »
all i know is what the rest of the world knows.that the car is as real as it gets according to the bj show.did you specify that the car was a rebody in your report?but wait a minute.you cant say that since a re-body and the installation of another cars vin would be illegal.this would make you somewhat liable right?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:23:09 PM by fordrocks »

fordrocks

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »
question.

if i was a bidder at bj.was the report there disclosing the fact that the car was a re-body?
does the new owner and bj know the car is a re-body.if so they should have disclosed this is their description.see description below.i dont see re-body or restoration engine anywhere.do you?

Complete restoration by Kent Waters Originals. Rally Green with black standard interior and NOS Cross-Ram. An early production with full documentation including three registered owner car history and is Jerry MacNeish certified.
Description Rally Green with black standard interior. Factory options include deluxe seatbelts, Rose Wood dash inserts, console with gauges, Rally Sport, headlight washers, Endura bumper, shoulder restraints, head restraints, 4.10 ratio rear with Muncie M-20 transmission, and front and rear spoilers. This Z/28 has a NOS Cross-Ram and has been completely restored by Kent Waters Originals and comes with over 1,000 detailed restoration photos. This car is a three registered owner car and comes with complete documentation that has been certified by a forensic document examiner. Documentation includes Window Sticker, pre-delivery check, car shipper paperwork, Protect-O-Plate, key envelope, key knock outs, original keys, owner's manual, original dated 1969 photos of car, dealer installed accessory sheet and much more. Car has been documented and certified by Jerry MacNeish. Car was restored with all GM sheet metal, bumpers and tons of NOS GM parts.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »
How BJ and the owner wish to present it is up to them. But it could leave them liable in the event of an uphappy buyer.....
Kurt S
CRG

Classicgary

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:07 AM »
[edited per request]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:42:44 PM by KurtS »

Yankit

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 02:38:34 AM »
All I can add to this form is what I personally know first hand after just coming home today from BJ and being there the entire week. I'll go a step furthar and say I had a car displayed right next to Kent Waters 69 Camaro Rally green Z/28-RS and talked to him and his wife several times over the course of the week. I even looked at the pictures in question myself being a Camaro nut I was interested to hear all about the car too, its history ect... and let him give me his sale job! Which he's very good at, he's very nice, personable and knows how to promote his product. I saw Ron Pratt come over to the expo and talk with Kent Waters about the car for 30-45min's durning the auction I believe it was Friday afternoon a day before the car ran acrossed the block. He looked the car over and paper work displayed on a cardboard sign board Kent had layed out in front of the camaro as well as a original intake,carb and air cleaner assy that Kent claimed was the original to the car but did say he opt'ed to install a NOS GM original cross ram set up that had never been out of the box until he put it on that car! Never once did I personally ever hear it said the car was a rebody nor did I ever hear that the drivetrain was what did you guys call it "restoration drivetrain?" another words it was being promoted as original in my mind, not a restamp or what else you want to call it..... He told me he did the car in 90 days from start to finish, had to put quarters, rear wheel wells and do extensive body work that the car was in very poor shape when he found it. As I sat in the audience during the auction right before his car went acrossed the block he had people in the audience handing out 8"X11" two sided full color information sheets about the car-I've never seen that done before and also BJ stopped the auction to let Kent Waters come up where the auctioneers stand and talk about the car himself where he claimed it was his "BEST WORK" to date...... There was more truth with that statement then we really knew...

Classicgary

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 03:01:18 AM »
[edited per request]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:43:06 PM by KurtS »

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
so what did you think was going to happen to those docs when you sold them.  it seems you started this mess i hope you got good money for your part in this sham.