Author Topic: 2 Guys Garage, why bother?  (Read 7101 times)

maroman

• View Profile
2 Guys Garage, why bother?
« on: March 22, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
Two Gays Garage on Speed just had a segment on an "original" 1967 Camaro RS SS 327. WTF? And they mentioned that big blocks didn't come out until '69.  I know both of these guys are car oriented, why wouldn't they do JUST a little research before making themselves look stupid on Nat'l TV?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Guys Garage, why bother?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
Same episode as mentioned here...?

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4914.msg31984#msg31984

Yep, very disappointing.  I just spent a small fortune decloning a 68 327/275 and have seen one car in my area win all kinds of awards ((right color of paint) with SS badging and a 327 under the hood. 

Oh well...  ::)
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Sorry Lakeholme, I missed the other thread. So that makes it even worse if this was a repeat. I'd think they would have corrected the bad info before they reaired it. If we carry a DVD of this episode onto an AACA field will the judges accpet it?  Or would they even know it's wrong? NAW!!
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »
yea I watched that and recorded it on my DVR , that 67 camaro looked pretty cool but it looked like a mutt (NICE MUTT) but a mutt never the less , deluxe seat's std door panel's 69 cold air hood , body looked good , if you turn the volume off and watch it without them rattling off about how much they don't have a clue it is better ,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:01:08 PM »
Maroman,
Actually, I just wanted you to see the comments on the other thread.  No problem.  You raise an interesting point...
If we carry a DVD of this episode onto an AACA field will the judges accpet it?  Or would they even know it's wrong? NAW!!
That's why you take your Camaro to Nationals and have guys like Jerry evaluate it.  But there is obviously not "apples for apples" judging and information everywhere.  --Which is the perfect advertizement for CRG.
On an AACA field you may see dozens of makes and models, unlike a specific model judging, there's no way you know "everything".  So, there is a rule that the owner is responsible for documentation.  All the judges have to do is ask for "factory documentation".
In truth the one who should be challenged in that episode is the "expert" who was  giving misinformation.
I get a real kick out of listening to sellers at car corrals.  In the end it is both buyer and listener beware....   :o
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything