Author Topic: Hello. I have a November 1969 Production Date Canadian Car info requested  (Read 21196 times)

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevrolet-Camaro-350-V8/153129095828?hash=item23a7349294:g:Z-4AAOSwZjNbaITi&vxp=mtr

Listed on ebay a few minutes ago: 124379N711673. Built on the last day of production, November 7, 1969. N711022 was likely built November 6, 1969.

Learning more and more about less and less...

mikea

• View Profile
William! LOL.  Thank you sir for your frankness.  People are hard on each other in my local car forums as well.  Guys I cannot afford to buy this car if it is worth 5K or 50K.  I'm writing a story about it, and doing him a favour.  Trying to illustrate why the 1969 Camaro, and this one in particular; are very special.  I'm racing in Targa Newfoundland in September and need some work done on my car which will drive my non-profit efforts in the smaller communities.  The owner has I believe has five 1969 Camaros.  Wicked cars.  Many heavily modified but not this one.  If he says she is special, I truly believe it.  I will send more pics. And can't WAIT to look and hear what is special about those brakes!!! I scanned many forums for information, and at the end of the lines, they all led here.  I choose where I get my information and you guys know your stuff.  I will try to look especially hard on areas of the camaro where people are known to BS.  Thanks again william lol.  You know your stuff guys.  I'm a Ford guy (promised myself I would not say that) and my 15 year old Mustang needs parts to enter a race.  And I'm writing a story for a buddy in hopes he will help me fix her up.  It will be a good story, I'll post it here when I am done if you like. Thanks in advance for all your help, my silly questions, and unfamiliarity with the netiquette on here. You chevy guys are a hard bunch.  The guy I'm raising money for has cerebral palsy and is a Chevy diehard.  Google Jason Nolan Targa Newfoundland.  He puts his wheelchair in the back of his BEAUTIFUL chevy Nova.  And the fkin thing puts dents from the trunk outside into the nice paint when it rolls around.  Needs a new one. Not much money in these parts for a new chair and a new computer.  So at the end of the day your knowledge and my new (very frigging true) appreciation of this truly exceptional car, will go to good use William.  Gentlemen.  Thanks again.

mikea

• View Profile
And the cliffhanger... Since you fellas are all in this with me.   The owner said he has a TON of documentation. DROOL. Haha. I can't wait. 

PS>GM Canada said talk to GM Heritage.  Not really the insight I want.

PSS> My (well to do) cousin has a 2018 ZL1-1LE.  Yep.  About one percent of even gearhead fellas around here know what that means.  But you guys do.  I drove her several times, and my cousin raced her flat out in Targa.  What. A. Machine.  The (ahem) Canadian spoolvalve dampers are WICKED.  She rides best kind.  Better than the magenetorehological whatever the f its called adjustable.  The stock goodyear F1 3R's with the new compound wore out in 1900 Kilometres... HAHAHA.  Michelin Pilot 4S on now. Better for our roads. Once when he hit the brakes...My head went dizzy..Seriously.  Never before in a car has that happened to me.  Onboard gmeter and telemetrics from his inputs and built in car for playback after the race. INCAR or remove the card for computer/camera viewing.. The technology on her is wicked.. You can tune the traction control for a DEGREE of angle the car will let the ass hang out.  And it works wicked.  You guys may not appreciate all that stuff but I sorta like the old and the new.  Thanks again. 

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
And the cliffhanger... Since you fellas are all in this with me.   The owner said he has a TON of documentation. DROOL. Haha. I can't wait. 

PS>GM Canada said talk to GM Heritage.  Not really the insight I want.

So you are a Ford guy, that's OK. Perhaps you don't know that GM in the USA did not keep the build records on these cars so there is no way to check with them on the authenticity. Because of that, many cars  are rebuilt with options added and fake paperwork created.

Canadian built and cars imported new and sold in Canada are a different story. GM Canada did save the information and it is available from Vintage Vehicle Services. You titled this thread as Canadian Car, but have not really specified what you mean by that. Is the car in Canada now? Was it originally sold new in Canada? There are plenty of old muscle cars imported into Canada, and those will not have records. Perhaps that is what you have here. Lets see what paperwork the owner has on the car.

Lastly, I applaud you for coming here to fact check the car before writing an article about it. So many times magazines print what ever the owner tells them in order to sell more magazines or web hits. There are also many old tales about these cars that get told and retold and embellished along the way. Looking forward to seeing more about this car. Maybe there is something special about it. Maybe not.

https://www.vintagevehicleservices.com/

mikea

• View Profile
She was built in Norwood, modified somewhere by a USA dealer (I think this is what he said when he started with the Yenko stuff), then shipped to Canada for block heater and sale (I think).  I know he has the records of her since being originally sold up here, in Ft. St. John, British Columbia. at the dealership.  So we should have full records of how the car changed hands after that.  It stayed in Canada yes, and is still here.  Hopefully we will be able to tell from both the records he has, and the visual inspections, how she was built, and what factory/dealer installed options are present.  I HIGHLY doubt she was recreated with fake stuff.  And thanks but I don't have a hundred bucks for a formal search.  Hopefully he has those original documents and we will go from there!

And the story of how I became a Ford fan... Moved to Pittsburgh many years ago GO STEELERS and I was just down from Canada, new job, no credit.. And I wanted a Camaro/TransAM.  Went to the dealership and a fully decked out 99 TransAM was about 700 bucks a month.   I could not afford it.  So down the street I went to Ford, and sat in a black Mustang.  450 the guy said. And I've been driving a Mustang GT of some sort, since that day in 1999. But only because I could not afford the camaro.  True story!

Thanks fellas.  Going to see the car TONIGHT woohooo!  If she has the JL8 brakes I'm posting immediately haha.  Would LOVE to find something that surprises you experts from our cold big Canadian (mostly rusted) collections!

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Going to need a better pic than what you posted. 
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

cook_dw

• View Profile
If you don't mind could you submit the rest of this paperwork?

If you have trouble posting you can email it to me and I can post it.

cook_dw"at"hotmail.com

replace "at" with @

mikea

• View Profile
I was sent that picture.  I will take more tonight with my camera when I am there.  Look for an update later tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for the offers to help.  Your 200K/500K limits for photos are a little tedious but I will manage!  Thanks!

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
You can email pics to KurtS or to me.

68 Ragtop

• View Profile
That is the document you get from VVS, so no need for you to spend any money if you are not buying the car.

Looks pretty cool so far, 396/375 and orange/orange is pretty rare.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
I was sent that picture.  I will take more tonight with my camera when I am there.  Look for an update later tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for the offers to help.  Your 200K/500K limits for photos are a little tedious but I will manage!  Thanks!

To meet the image size requirements, I suggest first using the standard PAINT program to clip out just the portion of the image you desire, and then use a program such as  Light Image Resizer to reduce the data volume (with little loss of information).  This program is free for personal use and is very flexible to you can tailor it (to achieve the results required)...

09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Good advice Gary! I might even try to sticky that post or something very similar.  For now I added it into Kurt’s pic posting thread. 

mikea

• View Profile
She didn't have the JL8 brakes.  But did have some interesting options!  Option sheet attached. Thoughts?  All tags match on her except for the transmission.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
The only 'bad' thing I see is that the cowl plate has been SANDED....  please tell them NOT to do that again (if they are the ones who did it).

also appeared the car was painted before..   but a very nice car with a great list of options..  :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

mikea

• View Profile
So what would be the most rare options on it? Engine block heater?  Additional coolant?  Any way to find out how many units were released with X options? Anything you guys can tell me?  All the pics of other tags need to be retrieved from his computer.  He has providence from the dealership through all the owners until him.   At one point he's owned 8 69's at a time.  Currently has 4.

He has a 69 Z28 as well, beautiful car. But it's not the matching engine.  I'll post her sheet too.  Glad Canada has these records.

Thanks,

Mike .