Author Topic: New "Muscle Car" digital magazine available  (Read 47592 times)

Trans Åm

• CA Central valley
    • View Profile
Re: New "Muscle Car" digital magazine available
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2015, 04:00:34 AM »
Thats awesome than you for letting us know!
Nick

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2015, 04:09:52 AM »
Steve, thanks for posting that. It's the first time I've gotten to see the whole article on Tom McIntyre's Penske Camaro. You sure did a nice job! I can't believe all the work you put into your digital magazine. What a huge effort but the results are outstanding. Even more impressive now that everyone has the ability to enjoy it.
Jon Mello
CRG

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2015, 11:51:03 PM »
Oh wow! Thanks Jon, really appreciate the kind words. Thanks also for your great input into the Penske Camaro story. I really appreciate that.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2015, 01:22:40 PM »
I just read and watched the video on your site about the Camaro Super Star Cup 1977.  Although I couldnt understand a word they were saying; I enjoyed every second of the footage..!!..  I wanna be a Superstar!!!   ;D

http://www.theroaringseason.com/content.php?345-Article-1977-Swedish-Camaro-Super-Star-Cup

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2015, 05:33:30 AM »
I just read and watched the video on your site about the Camaro Super Star Cup 1977.  Although I couldnt understand a word they were saying; I enjoyed every second of the footage..!!..  I wanna be a Superstar!!!   ;D

http://www.theroaringseason.com/content.php?345-Article-1977-Swedish-Camaro-Super-Star-Cup

On The Roaring Season?

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2015, 05:36:41 AM »
We're doing a feature on this car in Issue 2 of Muscle Car Digital Magazine. Not a factory car, but one with an interesting and colorful history regardless.

Many of you will remember it from Jon's excellent thread here: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=10802.0

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »

On The Roaring Season?

Yes, well I guess I should have said the website in your sig.

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
Steve great stuff, really enjoy the magazine ! is that the rookie driver in the drivers seat of the Ware Camaro   ;)

Mike (group/7) in Canada

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »
Steve great stuff, really enjoy the magazine ! is that the rookie driver in the drivers seat of the Ware Camaro   ;)

Mike (group/7) in Canada

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate that. Sitting in the drivers seat of the Ware family Camaro is young Rick Ware, Johnny Ware's son. Rick eventually raced this car once or twice in the 1980s before it was sold, and before he went on to establish Rick Ware Racing, running teams in NASCAR Sprint Cup, Xfinity series, Craftsman Truck, ARCA, plus AWA motocross etc. I guess racing was in the blood from an early age.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 01:53:34 AM »
We're doing a feature on this car in Issue 2 of Muscle Car Digital Magazine. Not a factory car, but one with an interesting and colorful history regardless.

Outstanding! 1968 Rally Sport Z/28, the sexiest Camaro of all first gens!

Paul

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
Steve, thanks a lot for posting that neat photo. I'm looking forward to that article on the Ware Camaro. Current owner Ron Atchley has done a great job as its caretaker. Nice to see him and the car get a little PR.
Jon Mello
CRG

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2015, 03:19:17 AM »
Thanks Jon, yes Ron has been fantastic and very enthusiastic about providing details for the story. He has been in regular contact with Chris Ware, Johnny Ware's younger brother, who has supplied photos and info on the car, and the Ware families racing activities.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 03:10:26 AM »
Steve, when do you anticipate the next issue will ready?
Jon Mello
CRG

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 07:25:32 AM »
Hopefully not too far away Jon, I'm doing most of the writing at this early stage, and as you can imagine, its quite mentally draining, so my work output is slowing a little as we near the finish line. But its mostly together now.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2015, 03:52:19 AM »
It's easy to get burned out after awhile when you have too much on your plate. Take your time. We appreciate your efforts.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything