Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176088 times)

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 02:23:48 AM »
Marty

Once the design and type shirt(s) are decided I would recommend getting several quotes from some reputable printers.  Some screen printers are so large that they can offer really  low prices.  They can also require a minimum purchase.  The biggest problem will be distribution of finished product.  I talked to my wife about this and we would probably use the USPS packing at fixed cost "if it fits it ships".   :)

Steve

IZRSSS

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2012, 02:38:33 AM »
Steve - Good advise because according to custumink the embroidered version is much better for Polo shirts but the down side is cost. Something tells me we should place the Polo on the back burner for now. I think we have enough on our plate with just the T & cap. Before you know it we’ll be asking Kurt to allow us to explore having a Spring, Summer & Fall CRG clothing line.  :-\

Anyway, I promised a quote and here it is (actually not all that bad);

Screen Print
Gildan Ultra Cotton Polo
(Navy); 200 S-XL @ $10.00 ea ($2,054.00), 500 S-XL @ $9.53 ea (4,765.00).

Embroidered
Ultra Club Pique Polo
(Navy); 200 S-XL @ 17.26 ea ($3,452.00), 500 S-XL @ $15.47 ea ($7,735.00).

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »
When in comparison to what we spend for our cars I would gladly pay the small extra cost and go with embroidered apparel. It's only the cost of a 6-pack above a screen print and looks richer.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

IZRSSS

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2012, 04:55:35 AM »
Mike – I am okay with gathering all the necessary info to put the Polo’s to a vote. The problem again is with shipping. I think we’re going to have to ask Daniel (tmodel66) really, really nice if he’d be willing to ship these along with the caps. The other important issue right along with the T’s & Caps is meeting the numbers to make it feasible. I would say a minimum of 200 presold units.

What's your take on it?

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »
When you say polo shirt is it what we in Europe call tennis shirt lookin like this:

I personally would rather order one quality shirt like this instead of a tee and a cap!  ;)
And I also don't like the navy color at all: Better to offer them in black or white!  :D
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »
Dang, I missed a lot since Sandy came to town! I like the smaller offset front logo with camaros.org on the front. I would like to see how a larger logo above the words "the 1st gen authority" would look on the back.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »
Personally I would rather have a small decal to put on the corner of a windshield or window of my car (much like the old US Camaro Club once had years back) rather than become a walking billboard..
Something small and tasteful that plainly states the reason behind this group and how to make contact (email address or?) so someone looking closely at a group member's car that wishes can learn more about the nuances of various models etc. - would in my eyes be more preferable - but each to their own I guess.
Randy

IZRSSS

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04:21 PM »
When you say polo shirt is it what we in Europe call tennis shirt lookin like this.
I personally would rather order one quality shirt like this instead of a tee and a cap!  ;)
And I also don't like the navy color at all: Better to offer them in black or white!  :D

Yes...tennis, polo, golf, and sometimes collared...same thing.

The color of each individual merchandise will be voted on once the designs are finalized.

IZRSSS

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:53 PM »
Dang, I missed a lot since Sandy came to town! I like the smaller offset front logo with camaros.org on the front. I would like to see how a larger logo above the words "the 1st gen authority" would look on the back.

Here you go Tom. Glad your okay!!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:41:23 PM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
There is still a lot of preliminary work that needs to be done before we can decide on colors. One, select a design for the T-shirt; two, select a style of hat/cap; and now three, select a design for a Polo shirt (my guess is the simple offset logo but with or w/o the website). Once this is done we can move on to a POLL to select colors for each and to see how many COMMITMENTS we have. Please KIM that I think we need a minimum of 200 prepaid orders for each of the three items to make this feasible (keep the costs down).

We are very fortunate that Steve's wife has agreed to help with the T-shirts. I don't think any of this would be possible if it wasn't for her generous offer. The same can be said about Daniel and his offer to ship the hats (and now I hope the Polo's  ;))...please take some time to thank these people. :)

And last but not least (and I cannot stress this enough); TO SEND THIS TO CRG FOR THEIR FINAL APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL. And I will continue to reiterate this over & over &……….again!

Hmmm…reiterate and over and over in the same sentence…

Please...no more merchandise.  :)

Thanks guys!

Steve - will you please check to see if the above design (Tom's) qualifies as simple so that I can include it in the list...Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:50:24 PM by IZRSSS »

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »

Try Sweden and zip code S-90421 ! :)

About $30.00  This is just a rough estimate but should be pretty close. If I end up doing the shipping  I think I can get it a little cheaper with a little help from my friend at the post office but I won't/can't promise anything.  
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
Marty one big question.  Will the t-shirt have a pocket? If not count me out. I have a  hundred t-shirts  I will not wear because they don't. They are nice and have some great/cool logo's and graphics but I have to have a pocket. Long story but my old job required a lot of paper work and I had to carry pencil and pen every day at work. So now I feel :o naked :o without my pen. Sorta like your wallet and things.
Daniel  

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

Hmmmm......"the 1st gen authority"..........this is growing on me and after seeing Marty's example, I like this the best.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »
This is the kind of cap I suggest. Thin bill, high crown and easy to set. It has the mesh in back and will breathe in hot summer time.   I wear this style cap all time and they are very comfortable. A lot of the caps on the market now have no crown or they don't stand up. Look awful and wear like crap.
Daniel  

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
Steve - will you please check to see if the above design (Tom's) qualifies as simple so that I can include it in the list...Thanks!

Yes, it qualifies.

Tmodel, you can screen the logo over a pocket but it requires an additional step in the process (more $).   The logo can go on the other side as well.  Tees with a pocket are readily available.

Steve