« Last post by bcmiller on Today at 04:30:34 PM »
Car could have been an SS350 special ordered with a 3.73 axle.
Does anyone know the size of the decal used on the '68-69 console gauge assembly?Should have asked the guy who's picture that is. ;-) I thought that looked familiar.
James,There are many rust protectors that can be put on after the dye plus how much is a car like this going to be subject to water. Yes, probably moisture (humidity) might be a cause but believe some of the many products available can protect them. Good one James as I had not heard of that one.
How does that dye work as a 'corrosion preventive' ??
Bob: Thank you for your comments.Glad to hear it. I started R&Ring my console gauges last night. For anyone else that might come across this, I'll post a couple of pictures of the wiring.
To all: Found the problem. Once I was able to get to under the dash harness connector and got it apart I found several bent pins. Whoever previously push it together must have used gorilla force or whatever. Anyway, once I straighten out all of the pins and reconnected it. Success! Thanks for all the previous suggestions.
The dam height is not the finished height, the dam actually rolls over on installation.Thanks James. I'd like to see those photos. I'm not going with an original style dam, so what I have should be the correct finished height it sounds like.
If completely vertical it would be 7/16" NOT 9/16" and as fitted the installed height is only 1/4-3/8".
I will post photos later.