Author Topic: 69 Z/28 Emissions Decal - any interest?  (Read 27902 times)

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
Re: 69 Z/28 Emissions Decal - any interest?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »
Thanks Gary.  Those are very close to what I had.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 03:21:08 AM »
Yes it is a BB and I am looking for the correct one. 

Mickey, we have done all the 396 Emission Decals for 69 SS Chevelles.  I was informed after the fact that the decals were the same for the 69 SS-396 Camaros.  I am not in a position to 100% authenticate that.  The 69 396 Emission Decals are on my website below if you care to check them out.  I do have a separate section for 69 Camaros based on the information noted above.  If you, or anybody else, can advise if the decals were or were not the same between Chevelles and Camaros (for the 396 cars) I would be most appreciative.
WEBSITE

SH69Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »
Count me in for two.
69 Z/28 Fathom Green, mostly correct with chassis broadcast sheet
69 Z/28 Dusk Blue, incorrect drive train, my driver

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
Don,

I emailed you the pictures. I did not have much luck resizing them to fit. Maybe you could configure them like the ones you posted, just see the difference between them.

Mike

Here they are side by side Mike (the pic I had and one of the pics you sent).  Not a lot to distinguish one from the other.  However, I do notice line one (Red) on the first one is just a "smidgen" to the left compared to the second one.

WEBSITE

Dusk Blue Z

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Nice job Don, now to confirm if these are original or not. Some other examples of low mileage cars I have seen, line up the third line with the bullet numbers. I wonder what John Z has on his car.

Mike
Mike

1969 Z/28 Legends Certified
1969 Z-10 Under Construction

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
Nice job Don, now to confirm if these are original or not. Some other examples of low mileage cars I have seen, line up the third line with the bullet numbers. I wonder what John Z has on his car.

Mike

Interesting Mike.  Of all the pictures of original 69's sent to me (DZ-L35-L34-L78) none of them have the full "left justified" for that third line.  Jerry's book page 48 shows a "diagram" of a CF decal that way, as does page 159 for a "diagram" of the CG decal.  Also on page 159 is a pic of an "original" CH that is not left justified for line 3.

WEBSITE

Dusk Blue Z

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »
I am not sure of where I got this picture from, might have been from James Black Z.

I wonder if there was more than one source, or a NOR LOS difference.

Mike
Mike

1969 Z/28 Legends Certified
1969 Z-10 Under Construction

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:26 AM »
Yes it is a BB and I am looking for the correct one. 

Mickey, we have done all the 396 Emission Decals for 69 SS Chevelles.  I was informed after the fact that the decals were the same for the 69 SS-396 Camaros.  I am not in a position to 100% authenticate that.  The 69 396 Emission Decals are on my website below if you care to check them out.  I do have a separate section for 69 Camaros based on the information noted above.  If you, or anybody else, can advise if the decals were or were not the same between Chevelles and Camaros (for the 396 cars) I would be most appreciative.

Thanks Don I will check it out.

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 02:43:28 AM »
I wonder if there was more than one source, or a NOR LOS difference.

Mike

I can't answer that one Mike.
WEBSITE

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
Don count me in for a few when they are in production. 
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

IZRSSS

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
When do you anticipate they'll be ready? And, have you gained any ground on the early addition '69 black decals we discussed on a previous thread?

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »
When do you anticipate they'll be ready? And, have you gained any ground on the early addition '69 black decals we discussed on a previous thread?

Time frame is uncertain Marty as we only fiddle with this stuff in our spare time when we have some.  Those 68 jack decals we just finished took 4 or 5 months to get right.  However, they are a lot more intricate than an Emission decal.

Can you please elaborate on the "69 Black Decals" you are referring to.  Do you have a link to that thread?
WEBSITE

Oaklyss

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
Here is my original sticker-04A VN car. Notice the 3rd line lines up on the left.

I also need the DE air cleaner sticker-no one makes them. They are for 350 4 speed with ZL-2 hood.
Hope this helps, seems there are differences.

69 RSSS ZL-2 4 speed, mint unrestored 04A LA built-SOLD
1968 GTCS mint unrestored original paint
1972 AMX 401 4 speed, cowl induction, twin-grip, A/C, unrestored, original paint
1963 Oldsmobile Jetfire factory Turbo and Methanol injection, 4 speed, posi, 1 of 4 known to exist

IZRSSS

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
Don – Here is the thread I was referring to; http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8847.0

I had assumed you were in on the conversation. Maybe it was on another thread. It’s a black air breather decal for early model L48’s/LM1’s. You’ll see a couple of examples. The best pic was posted by Kurt. Unfortunately it was a pic from eBay and has since expired. Anyway, have you heard or seen these and if so, do you have any plans to reproduce them?

Also, you might want to let us know when you have completed the emission decal so we can place the order. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I tend to forget what happened the day before, or was it the day after? :-\ Not getting any younger… IYKWIM? ;)

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »
I wonder if there was more than one source, or a NOR LOS difference. Mike
I can't answer that one Mike.

I would assume that the answer was no. Many large corporations tend to use one printing source and many of those are a wholly owned company of the parent corporation. When I worked for Ticketron a division of Control Data corp all our printed needs came from our own printing house that was run as a for profit company. Other vendors, competitors and theaters purchased ticket stock, will call envelopes, seating charts etc from them even if they were not on our ticketing system. 

I Seem to remember a thread someplace about some printing house in the Detroit area that was a GM holding corp and at bankruptcy had been sold off but failed under new ownership and the contents and plates were being auctioned off.  And think they also did decal sheets etc for model car kits, and the like.  But I have never seen anything about GM having a printer division. Maybe someone from PR would let us know who printed stickers and vehicle documentation in the 60's
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

anything