Author Topic: Photo Gallery for A/Sedan and A-B/Production cars  (Read 101289 times)

crazyamc

• View Profile
Re: Photo Gallery for A/Sedan and A-B/Production cars
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2012, 04:35:32 PM »
Thank You!  I've owned it since '91, TONS of work, $, etc.  everybody here understands all of that though!!  I love it, but sometimes things have to change..  Ken

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
Ken, Thanks for the information on the car. Post some vintage pics if you have some.
Jon Mello
CRG

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »
Here are a few interior and engine pics.  Sorry, he hasn't given me any of the vintage pics.

klvn8r

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:10 PM »
Rear view.  12 bolt with Corvette discs, rear sway, panhard rod, and Konis.  I think the springs are Guldstrand.

klvn8r

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
undercarriage

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
vintage Simpson fuel cell, Mallory pump and Fram filter. 

Shadow Ahead

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »
I honestly don't know who's car that was but maybe David Pozzi will check in and let us know. I know he's registered with CRG.
Jon Mello
CRG

David Pozzi

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »
Hi guys!
Our 69 was raced by Geoff Knight, started out autocrossing in the late 60's then road raced with Cal Club (Southern California) & SCCA, it ran in a few Trans-Am races in the 78/79 seasons. It ran the last TA race held at Riverside Raceway just before it closed.
David

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
Thanks for that information, David!
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2012, 05:49:45 AM »
Both John Silva's '68 Camaro and Hugh Harn's '67 Camaro seen in the photo below, ran in the 1970 Laguna Seca
Trans-Am. Here they are competing as A/Sedans in an SCCA National event on 6-20-71, which Silva won.
Jon Mello
CRG

wolfmin

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »
Warren Fairbanks Camaro in the tech line at the 1975 June Sprints.

Warren is the taller man standing to the left of the car with Arnie Fick to his left and engine builder Read Sinclair in the lighter shirt. Sid Rust's Camaro can be seen just above the roof stripe of Warren's car.

The photo is taken by Jack Finucan, from the Mike Jarchow collection.

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2012, 08:03:01 PM »
in the photo of the fairbanks camaro at the june sprints you point out sid rusts camaro in the background. I read somewhere that the rust car was thought to be an ex chaparral camaro, is there any truth to that. also read somewhere else that greg pickett ran a x chaparral camaro in 1975. any one have any photos. I believe rust ran the car at the runoffs 73-75. jon, maybe this needs a separate thread on the chaparral camaros  and their history ?

wolfmin

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
I had heard that it was an ex-Chapparal Camaro also.

At this race Warren was the fastest A Sedan qualifier with Sid Rust 2nd fastest.  In the race, Warren and Sid had a great battle until Warren's motor broke. It appeared it would be an easy win for Sid as he had a large lead in A Sedan. But everybody forgot about David Jungerman in the Baby Tenda Camaro (ex-Walter Parkins Camaro). David started dead last and charged though the field to catch Sid Rust and go on to win A Sedan.

S A Dunbar

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »
I had heard that it was an ex-Chapparal Camaro also.

At this race Warren was the fastest A Sedan qualifier with Sid Rust 2nd fastest.  In the race, Warren and Sid had a great battle until Warren's motor broke. It appeared it would be an easy win for Sid as he had a large lead in A Sedan. But everybody forgot about David Jungerman in the Baby Tenda Camaro (ex-Walter Parkins Camaro). David started dead last and charged though the field to catch Sid Rust and go on to win A Sedan.

Sid's Camaro was indeed an ex-Chaparral Camaro.  Prior to Sid, it was owned and raced in Trans Am by Marshall Robbins - maintained by Bill Spangler.  After Sid, it was raced by Jim Kersey out of Ohio, then was raced by Bill Cooper out of California.

Sid and his wife Nancy were amongst our very best racing friends over all the years.  As a youth, my very first beer and cigar were courtesy of Sid - at a small diner just outside Road Atlanta.  I was likely 15 or 16 at the time!  I have years worth of Sid and Nancy stories...  Does anyone else know that Sid once raced a turbine powered Sprint car?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:54:33 PM by S A Dunbar »