Author Topic: Help and advice prior to purchase?  (Read 58392 times)

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: Help and advice prior to purchase?
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
i have also seen the vin on turbo 400 trans stamped up on the flange where it bolts to the block. just another thing to look at.
buddy
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
The consignor was able to take some clearer photos of the VIN 19N547348 on the engine pad. I know some are hard to read due to the generator, but with it being on consignment they are not willing to let me take it apart. So the attached photos will have to due unless or until I can have Jerry or Ed do a complete due diligence. I welcome your feedback to based on information at hand to this point.

I know the 3 and 8 in 547348 are worn and hard to see but they are there and you can just make them out in the last photo

Mickey

IZRSSS

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
I'd certainly move onto the next stage!

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
Great thanks. I was 99% sure after seeing it for myself yesterday. But I was certainly worried about that last 1%.  :D

IZRSSS

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Remember...the next stage isn't buying it...it simply means there is enough there to warrent an expert evaluation/appraisal. ;)

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
Of course. I understood what you meant. Have you heard back from Jerry or Ed yet?

IZRSSS

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
He's probably getting ready for some big New Years celebration. If you look real close you can see him on drums  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfaxweaIj_Y

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2011, 10:53:33 PM »
This car also appears to be heavily optioned. From what I can see by the pics...clock, rosewood steering wheel, gauge pkg, delux interior, rs/ss pkg, vinyl top, and what really catches my eyes are the SS wheels and the AM/FM radio (I think its amfm). It will be interesting to see if these are all original components.

What else am I missing?

Here's the list of all the options, price, and how many were produced...http://www.camaros.org/pdf/options.pdf

If everything checks out you might have to dig pretty deep.  ;)

I almost forgot to mention because I was focused on other areas of the car but I did confirm the dual exhaust. The doubler plate is on the rear drivers side frame rail. Indicating RPO N10

IZRSSS

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »
Have you heard back from Jerry?

Did you call the phone number at the bottom of the link Paul posted (Reply 1)? He'll be back on a regular schedule after the 1st...

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
Have you heard back from Jerry?

Did you call the phone number at the bottom of the link Paul posted (Reply 1)? He'll be back on a regular schedule after the 1st...

I did not call yet. I sent an introductory email since he does not know me. I also wanted you guys to take a look a that engine pad photo before I called the number.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »
I got in touch with Jerry and he's "involved" right now (I can't elaborate but you know what that means), and trying taking a short (but in my opinion, a well deserved) holiday vacation at the same time! He said he'll be back in action within the next few weeks so don't worry if he doesn't contact you until then.

Ed

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2011, 07:56:54 PM »
Thanks Ed. He did email me this morning. He informed me of his current situation and will be in touch after the first of the year at his convenience. I asked the seller to inform me if the car is no longer for sale during that time. If you have had the opportunity to read what I have posted here to date, I welcome your thoughts and opinion.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »

The yellow trans tag shows CE (which is correct for an L34 engine) 69 316 then below on the same tag CE-69-2442

As far as I can tell the TH400 looks promising as well. Just need a date?                                             

Marty I found a Julian date calculator over in the CRG research area here:

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#Calendar

Anyway with the information off the yellow trans tag on the passengers side of the TH 400 the C is correct for model year 1969 even though it started in late 68.
E is the TH 400 correct for RPO L34 Engine

316 Julian calendar date. In the above calculator I put in November 1968 (Because I know both the cowl tag 2nd week of Nov 68  and rear axle code 11 15 which is November 15Th 68) and the calculator gave me November 11, 1968  as the calendar date for the transmission.

basecoupe#79

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
This car also appears to be heavily optioned. From what I can see by the pics...clock, rosewood steering wheel, gauge pkg, delux interior, rs/ss pkg, vinyl top, and what really catches my eyes are the SS wheels and the AM/FM radio (I think its amfm). It will be interesting to see if these are all original components.

What else am I missing?

Here's the list of all the options, price, and how many were produced...http://www.camaros.org/pdf/options.pdf

If everything checks out you might have to dig pretty deep.  ;)

I almost forgot to mention because I was focused on other areas of the car but I did confirm the dual exhaust. The doubler plate is on the rear drivers side frame rail. Indicating RPO N10
were you able to get a pic of that plate?  About every one of the real deal dual exhaust plates I have seen were basically hit with the welder in a few spots.  If they were added later in the cars life most have a nice continuous bead in place....top and bottom.
Looks like a nice car.  Good luck.

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »
I did not get a pictue of it. My camera was not woking anyway as shown in some of my previous posts. I did not look at the welds, I only made note to check to see if it was present and not how it was attached.

anything