Author Topic: 1969 Camaro passenger door mirror location  (Read 27277 times)

IZRSSS

Re: 1969 Camaro passenger door mirror location
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
Tom - Is the mirror you're talking about the D68 on this list? Sorry...its a long list. Something tells me no but its worth a shot. Its miserable driving w/o a passenger mirror. If the answer is yes, I'd sure like to see a pic. Just wondering if it comes anywhere close to Camaro's D33? No sure about the year on the Olds mirror.

http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofocd.htm

If anyone else has a pic of the mirror Tom is talking about please post a pic or maybe a link where it can be viewed.

<Oh no :o I Had to edit... hope its okay Bob?> :)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:29:19 AM by IZRSSS »

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »
I have no idea. Just thinking out loud. If the service replacement mirror was used on newer cars, there may have been a suitable passenger side mirror that was original to those newer cars. I have no books or numbers for this part, it might not exist.
IF I wanted one . . . I would check what was or is available for the newer cars that William listed above. By 79 most cars had passenger side mirrors. Good hunting, I'm out of this thread....
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Boston14

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 01:27:44 AM »
 Edit away Marty, you don't need my permission ................  glad you're still typing away ........... 14 months and 1300 posts .......... good job  ;D
boston14

1969 SS/RS 350 Convertible
Dover White with Black Top and D90 stripe, Red Standard Interior

IZRSSS

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 01:34:09 AM »
I have no idea. Just thinking out loud. If the service replacement mirror was used on newer cars, there may have been a suitable passenger side mirror that was original to those newer cars. I have no books or numbers for this part, it might not exist.
IF I wanted one . . . I would check what was or is available for the newer cars that William listed above. By 79 most cars had passenger side mirrors. Good hunting, I'm out of this thread....

Thanks Tom. I should have just gone with my instincts and forgot about the mirror. There wasn't one and there will never be one that makes sense/matches up to a D33. I'll just have my wife hold out her portable vanity mirror while we're out and about.  :)

IZRSSS

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:17 AM »
Edit away Marty, you don't need my permission ................  glad you're still typing away ........... 14 months and 1300 posts .......... good job  ;D

Whew...I can sleep nights... :)

Someone keeping score... ???

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
So, Steve, did anyone ever send you dealer installation info. on the passenger mirror?
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
No info yet on what the dealer used to determine the placement of the passenger mirror.  I should find it odd that there could not be something as the opportunity for customer complaint and incorrect holes being drilled into sheetmetal seem great.

To be honest, no one notices the mirrors are not in the same spot unless you really make a point of looking.  The mirror functionaly works and has the correct viewing angle so I am going to assume mine was installed with some thought put into where it was to be mounted. 

lynnbilodeau

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
I have an NOS 3914754 that William mentions.  Most GM dealer installed parts come with some kind of instructions (rear speaker kit, rear defrost kit, etc. - and yes, I am aware those may have also been assy line installed, but they were also available OTC) but this one did not.  Not sure if all of them came sans instructions, but IIRC (big if) this box had never been opened when I got it.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 06:05:07 PM »
HERE'S one on ebay right now and it doesn't have the template or instructions either, so I would guess P/N 3914754 didn't come with them.

Ed

anything