Author Topic: Crossram manifold  (Read 106051 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Crossram manifold
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »
Steve, the HTA group has allowed aftermarket crossrams since the authentic GM versions are so expensive, among other considerations. Years ago they allowed Vic Edelbrock to use the Edelbrock version of the crossram on his Camaro because, well, he's Vic Edelbrock. Vic had (and still has) been very supportive of the group in a number of ways, so it was a courtesy extended to him. But it has grown from there to encompass some of the other Camaros running in the group.
Jon Mello
CRG

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »
Just noticed but I wonder why in the Z30 article they used a small balancer..

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
Coudn't tell you. I think that's a display engine and not what actually went in the Z/30 car.
Jon Mello
CRG

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »
Makes sense..

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 03:04:03 AM »
Early prototype crossram manifold advertised for sale on the yenko.net website...

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/592374/crossram-corvette-intakes-and-#Post592374
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 08:11:34 PM »
March 1968 Chevrolet Engineering Service Letter introducing the cross ram manifold, aka 2x4 Carburetor Conversion package.
(Jon Mello Collection)

Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 12:39:31 AM »
Chevrolet drawing and instructions for some of the necessary adjustments for the cross ram. (Jon Mello Collection)

Jon Mello
CRG

67pACe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
I also have an original of the Chevrolet drawing in an old GM parts counter book I received from a dealership. Has lots of interesting stuff. I've collected parts for crossrams over the years and currently have a 6-19-68 top mated to a 6-25-68 base that is in a glass top coffee table. Objects de art is how I see these units now.

Trans Åm

• CA Central valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2015, 07:10:21 PM »
Objects de art is how I see these units now.

No No no, you're doing it all wrong, you need to mount it on a working engine...............then connect it to your wives blender or a washing machine or something. Now that would be a spectacle!
Nick

Steve Holmes

• View Profile
    • The Roaring Season
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2015, 02:35:57 AM »
Here is the engine bay of a '69 Z28 road car here in New Zealand I was looking at last week:

satman

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2015, 12:37:46 AM »
This manifold was a fantastic piece of engineering it gave us more raw HP per $$$ right out of the box than any modification than any modification we ever made .......... I could never understand why SCCA outlawed it in 1970, perhaps they were trying to save us fuel.

AL

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
Al, did you ever get any help from Bill Howell or other Chevy people on setting up the carbs for the crossram, what jet sizes to use, etc?

BTW, where was that picture taken?
Jon Mello
CRG

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2015, 08:24:12 PM »
Hi Al,

Where is our old crew buddy Dennis?  He was at one time, working for a large downtown Toronto Ford dealer.  Dennis was
a neat guy.

Robert

satman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2015, 02:33:12 AM »
  Jon 
   The picture was taken at Lawrence transmission shop in Toronto ...... We shared a large garage with a bunch of stock car racers but my friend Bob Speck would let us use his shop to build our motors. In fact I think we assembled the manifold on my kitchen table. The only help we ever got from GM was from a friend of mine who worked in the parts department at the GM plant in Oshawa, he could get us anything we wanted as long as it would fit in his lunch box.

Bob
Lost track of Dennis originally he was slated to drive the car but we ended up striking a deal with a used car salesman from
St. Catherines and as they the say rest is history. Reflecting back on our race team Churchill's words come to mind " no one has done so much with so little "

AL

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2018, 03:29:40 AM »
Crossram manifold with extra goodies for sale.  For the man with very deep pockets.

https://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/14148.html?refer=news
Jon Mello
CRG

anything