Author Topic: Correct shifter  (Read 19124 times)

68rsssrag

• View Profile
Re: Correct shifter
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 05:42:14 AM »
i've gone through 3 of the NOS GM Muncies in 80K miles. they are Ok till the wear happens in the plates. i always diassemble them and use Luibripalte and they work well if you adjust them well.

The only difference in the shifter is the lever with MUNCIE cast in the lever , GM replacements came without stamping.

Arno

bobvickers

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »
We have decided to put the Muncie shifter back in the car. We have all the parts including the "Strut Rod". My question is: Does anyone have a picture of how the strut rod is attached?

Thanks

Bob

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
Bob,

Have you checked the Assembly Manual? I know the 68 has the exploded diagram. Not sure about the 67...

Ed

dans67camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 12:30:43 AM »
I agree from experience with all the above re: originality and function of the Muncie shifter. I had a 1967 RS/SS in 1967 when I entered college (GMI). Those were the late 60's and 70's and drag racing on the streets and hard shifting was the order of the day. The only problem I had with my Muncie was that it would sometimes hang up between 2nd and 3rd. Then you couldn't shift at all! Many times I was under the car after two many drinks, late at night, with a hot date trying to free the linkage up. However, today I have an identical car (not the same one) that I had in 67. Although it has a Hurst in it, I will be putting a Muncie in to make it original. Good luck with yours! Dan

anything