Author Topic: Best Place for Camaro Parts  (Read 15423 times)

1967RSxxx

• View Profile
Best Place for Camaro Parts
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
New to the Camaro world any suggestions on places to buy quality parts. First thing I need is lower door detent roller kits. Thanks
Kerry

1967 RS

BlackoutSteve

• View Profile
Re: Best Place for Camaro Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »
I like Heartbeat City. http://www.heartbeatcity.com/store/
There stuff is generally more correct and better quality with much more US-made option.
I don't mind Classic Muscle either. http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?userwatch%7EdynamicSearchPage%7Ecadeiije

The big vendors seems to stock the cheapest junk possible and incorrectly label the application.
Restoring my RHD 69 Jane in Melbourne, Australia.
http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2840

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
I like Heartbeat City. http://www.heartbeatcity.com/store/
There stuff is generally more correct and better quality with much more US-made option.
I don't mind Classic Muscle either. http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?userwatch%7EdynamicSearchPage%7Ecadeiije

The big vendors seems to stock the cheapest junk possible and incorrectly label the application.

I agree with Steve. Have and continue to use Heartbeat for reasons mentioned above. You can call and obtain some quality answers to your needs, and they normally have in stock what they sell without the crazy shipping $$$ some charge. Let me give you another example why I deal with them. Dec. of 2005 I purchased something from them on ebay that was sold for good money. Early Jan. 2011 I find out its not really correct and I call to discuss but I'm thinking this will be interesting. Luckily I had everything paperwise but guess what, they took the part back and gave me a full credit. No big deal, no hassle, no arguments, just a discussion to understand what happened! That went a long way with me being a customer of Hearbeatcity. If you call ask for Brian as he's extremely helpful.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »
Ditto on Classic. Muscle.  They are very helpful when you call.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

1967RSxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:58 PM »
I really appreciate the suggestions, I'll give them a try.
Kerry

1967 RS

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »
Yes i have used Heartbeat City for Camaro parts. Very good source and informative. Since i live here in Mich its very convinent also.

malley67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »
hi there,
i to have used heartbeat city in the past without any problems, i also like  them as i can pay with paypal. which is handy for me living in australia.
classic industries and national parts depot are other options also.
good luck,
rohan

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 03:34:58 AM »
I would have to echo these comments too.  Since Ecklers too over Rick's the service and treatment to people has gone down the tubes. 

My discounts have gone down the tube too.  Although I was established as a dealer years ago when it was Rick's, now it's 15% off for me.  And although I am a vendor to them too in the fact that I sell them books at a large discount, I still get the same poor treatment.  No professional courtesy as another vendor to them.  It's all about the bottom line and that's it..........too bad for them.  I do feel sorry for the employees.  Many are still there and are not happy with the situation either. 

I used to refer people to Rick's but not anymore.  No referrals from CHP.  Not the way they run that company now.  It's pathetic.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jerry 

rally

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
Jerry,
I just cant believe how customer service and treatment how gone down the tubes so horribly. What is it with these businesses and how they treat a customer. Going back to the brake cleaner, i cant tell you how many times now i been back to two Wlamart stores nearby my home and get no call back on questions i had regarding this brake cleaner, yet they take my name and number and when i get there they tell me they forgot to call and they get a voice mail on this product they are trying to get for me, just unreal. Thanks for the heads up on Ricks, i will stay away from there for my restoration. I appreciate your calls back to me Jerry when i have a question about work to be done by you or other things in general. You understand the business and how customers want to be treated. I appreciate your professional service, thats huge to me. Not to blame the younger generation but where is the concern and courtersy.

rsr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 01:46:20 AM »
Best place I've found is not the retail stores.

PURESS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »
Hmmmm......maybe $10.55 an hour for a management position....nights and week-end hours...partial health insurance...no incentives...no wonder no follow thru!

L78 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »
I would have to echo these comments too.  Since Ecklers too over Rick's the service and treatment to people has gone down the tubes. 

My discounts have gone down the tube too.  Although I was established as a dealer years ago when it was Rick's, now it's 15% off for me.  And although I am a vendor to them too in the fact that I sell them books at a large discount, I still get the same poor treatment.  No professional courtesy as another vendor to them.  It's all about the bottom line and that's it..........too bad for them.  I do feel sorry for the employees.  Many are still there and are not happy with the situation either. 

I used to refer people to Rick's but not anymore.  No referrals from CHP.  Not the way they run that company now.  It's pathetic.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jerry 

I wish you would sell me a One of your books at a large discount.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B

IZRSSS

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
Not sure if this is my place to say, but you are totally off base with this comment...Jerry is simply stating his past experience with Ricks. Perhaps this hasn't happend with you, but it only takes one bad experience to ruin it for someone else.

BTW...Jerry is a very generous individual...

joesauer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
There is a parts dealer in San Bruno,Ca. called Steve's Camaros that's great to do business with.  He's lots smaller than Rick's or Classic, but really knows first Gen Camaros, & stocks good quality stuff.  Has a web page stevescamaros.com.  He used to drag race Camaro's and has built many.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:28 AM »
Does anyone know the guy who owns HBC?  I've tried to talk with them and e-mailed him directly about the radiator tags they make.  I don't know about other models, but the one for the 68 Z28 is wrong.  He says he modeled it after one he took off an original car, but they have IM for one of the tanks and it's supposed to be IH.  I've gotten no where with him and he's blown me off.  It's obviously wrong and I told him to check on here but I'm sure he thought I was nuts.  I'd like to get one from him, but what's the point of an incorrect one?
68Z28