Author Topic: Anybody going to Pomona?  (Read 2689 times)

mopar346

• View Profile
Anybody going to Pomona?
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:48:36 PM »
A buddy of mine is doiung two weeks around LA and he is going. we got to talking Friday and I arranged my flights to go out for Saturday and Sunday. I was just wondering if anyone else is going or has been in the past? What kind of event is it? I'm familiar with the Gators and national events of that nature, is it anout the same? Are they going to have a super stock  or stock eliminator class?

CNorton

• View Profile
Re: Anybody going to Pomona?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »
There are no class eliminations at either Pomona race any longer.  I'll be there on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday tending to three or four Stocker engines that I've assembled.  I do not choose to take my car to the Pomona races these days.  Whether or not I go back on Saturday will depend on how many Stockers are already eliminated by Saturday morning.    The schedule is designed to have at least 3/4 of all Stock and Super Stock cars eliminated (two complete rounds of competition) and, if they can squeeze it in, a third round by Friday night.  Typically, only two rounds are completed. 

There are approximately 70 Stockers and 70 Super Stockers entered for the event so there will be approximately 35 cars left in competition by Saturday morning. 

Should you make the trip, be advised that Stock will be the first thing down the track at 8:15 AM.  Super Stock should be the third category called to the lanes on Saturday morning.  Most likely, they will be among the last cars to run on Saturday evening, after dark, but there are no guarantees of that.  The schedule is completely fluid.

If, by the advent of the curfew on Sunday afternoon there have been a significant number of oil-downs and/or instances of inclement weather, Stock and Super Stock will be held over for completion during the following week. 

If you enter the track through the spectator gate, you will find the Stock and Super Stock cars pitted to your immediate left after you pass through the ticket gate.  We are mixed in with the Super Gas and Super Comp cars throughout the lower pit area.

If you advise me through a PM of your expected arrival time, I would be able to provide you with a more complete list of suggestions.

Hope you can make it.

c

mopar346

• View Profile
Re: Anybody going to Pomona?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:08:09 AM »
Thank you excellent info, I will PM you, what would be the best day to PM?