Author Topic: Highly option 6 cylinder car  (Read 12287 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Highly option 6 cylinder car
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2023, 02:53:40 PM »
Doctor ordered car for sons graduation.

Is that a guess or do you know that for sure? If that's true, I'd be pretty disappointed if I were that doctor's son!!! Happy for the free car, but disappointed that it was a 6 banger!

Ed

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2023, 09:18:15 PM »
If my dad had of ordered it for me it would have had a big block in it in 60 days. I would have told him the hood latch was broke if he wanted to look. I slid a new cam in my 327 while he was out of town one week. He kept trying to smooth out the idle adjusting the carb.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2023, 10:29:49 PM »
I don’t Know that for sure…the title is Connecticut with doctors name ….when I did search on name of owner it shows doctor with that address whom is now passed away and for relatives it shows a son that would of been college age in 1967….so just speculation on my part.

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2023, 10:55:07 PM »
Here is the really ugly part…..I really want this car to restore for myself, I really like cars with “the original drive train” no matter what the engine size is ….I like the colors, options and factory AC….this car needs everything with exception of cowl. What I believe to be a fair offer, is not good for owner. I would like to let him list it and hope he doesn’t get what he looking for and except my offer….I have lots of original parts that I wouldn’t have to buy to restore this MAJOR project..the engine and transmission are not stuck and the car does roll. Please anyone feel free after looking at pictures I posted  to let me know you opinion a fair  price. You can post on thread or PM me, and if you think I’m crazy I won’t be offended at all.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 06:23:02 AM »
No matter what you offer, the owner may still think there is more money on the table and list it to see what other interest is out there. You haven't mentioned a price, but to me 10k would be max for a trim and vin tag, cowl and original drivetrain for this car. That's probably too much, but someone else out there would pay that and rebody/resto-mod the car for sure.

I'd try talking to the owners and let them know what your intentions are and how you want to preserve and honor the history of the car and original ownership. That might persuade them not to pursue a bidding war.

Good luck, I hope you end up with the car because you seem to have a genuine interest in it.

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2023, 05:53:42 PM »
Anybody know what this carburetor is this car?

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2023, 07:21:10 PM »
So many versions…hard to tell without numbers…but not original style.

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2023, 09:40:28 PM »
Is it even used in GM cars?

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2023, 02:21:22 AM »
According to the pictures, it is. Lol. Just a note, my 68 came with 16 options.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2023, 07:06:56 AM »
It certainly looks like it belongs there. Nothing on it at all to help identify it?

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2023, 11:53:23 AM »
This is the point where ya have to sit back, clear your head, and really think.
Yeah - this is a cool car no doubt.  Is it worth it? - Depends.
If it were a "family air loom" then yeah.  Just get ready to spend BIG $$$$$$$.  If not - I'd run. 
Last thing you want is to buy it, get it home, then realize "what da hell have I done".
Good luck!!!!

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2023, 12:43:22 PM »
I know it’s a huge project…the money aspect does not make economic sense at all.  still negotiating with owner (and it’s not looking in my favor)…I do like the options and color, although I’d rather have David K’s 68 with his options and paperwork.

camaronut

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2023, 01:29:10 PM »
Yeah - Dave's car is really nice.

Just remember - there are plenty of Camaros out there..one will come up - no doubt.

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2023, 05:46:30 PM »
Thanks for the compliment…paint as you see it is 29 years old.
Back in 1986 it was just a car to the owner…but she did the Sinatra and “Got it my way” …..except for the interior. Ordered Parchment/Black. Came with standard blue and never solved that mystery. The top is blue, and I still haven’t seen one other than mine. I guess it wasn’t popular.

How much is the owner asking for the car?
If you get it, build that thing and qualify it for the Bow tie/Legends at the Nationals. I’d fly out for that. Matter of fact, I’ll be there this year anyway.

67conv6cyl

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2023, 08:35:12 PM »
I have a 6 Cylinder convertible now that I am doing for legends class that will be completed for 2024 judging.

The reason I also want this car is because I have so many original and Nos parts that I bought over the years, that I don’t need and I can use on this car.
I have a “perfect” set of used RS driver and passenger doors, fenders plus nos moldings and a slew of nos sheet metal, I also have everything needed for the 6 banger engine as well.

This car, believe it or not runs and doesn’t smoke the only sheet metal on car  that’s good is the cowl, the inner side panels at rear seat, package tray/trunk divider, one fender is usable as well, the doors are “rebuildable” however I don’t need the doors…..nothing else sheet metal wise is useable. Im looking at about $11,000 for car plus my cost to get it home.
I already know without counting the $15,000 or so that I already own in nos parts, that I will need to put at very least another $45,000 in car…so I’ll have about $60,000 in a $30,000 car not counting the valuable parts that I have used….so just a hobby for me. Please somebody feel free to talk me out of it!

anything