Author Topic: MCACN  (Read 26273 times)

x66 714

• View Profile
Re: MCACN
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2019, 01:34:12 AM »
I was there for four days. Saw quite a few people from the CRG forum including several that I had not met in person before. Never saw a person with a CRG shirt on. I think if you just go up to a car owner and ask them about their car you will hear some great stories, learn something, and find yourself having a good time. The more often you go, the more people you will meet and the more fun it becomes.
Agree. Nice meeting you Jon..Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

Niblet

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2019, 01:57:13 AM »
You asked for pics to show on you ship. I got the hood down and sent pics and that was the last I heard from you.. total waste of my time but no big deal for you. You have never been to MCACN but feel like you need to trash the people that go thru the time and expense to share their cars. As a owner of MCACN and a participant I can assure you that you have insulted many. MCACN is probably not the place for you.

I did ask for pics to put in the add, howevert there was no way I was going to purchase an item like that without seeing pics before the money was spent anyway so its a moot point
why the pics were requested. I initially was thinking about doin the Uship thing, got busy at work and the idea lost traction.
I just don't have time to mess with it. I probably would have had 1400 dollars into that thing by the time I paid for crating and shipping
so I apologize for wasting your time to dig it out
1967 SS 350 coupe one owner (well now 2)
1967 RS Vert

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2019, 02:57:05 AM »
I was there for four days. Saw quite a few people from the CRG forum including several that I had not met in person before. Never saw a person with a CRG shirt on. I think if you just go up to a car owner and ask them about their car you will hear some great stories, learn something, and find yourself having a good time. The more often you go, the more people you will meet and the more fun it becomes.
Agree. Nice meeting you Jon..Joe

Likewise, Joe!

-Jon
Jon Mello
CRG

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
I got to meet Danny the year he had his Z at the show and have no idea what shirt he had on lol.
I have met some real nice helpful people at car events and they are now friends for life. Most were from my trip to MCACN.  Several have been helpful in the restoration of my Z.
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2019, 07:39:16 PM »
Note, I wasn't complaining. I was just kinda surprised that I could walk around the whole show for hours and hours for 2 days, with just the shirt on, no jacket... and not one person came up and said,"Hey CRG, cool, which member are you". Or a similar statement. Not a big deal, it's not like it ruined my trip, just say'in... Danny

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2019, 08:21:42 PM »
I know for a fact that the show gets cars from owners with varying wealth. No matter how much money is in your pocket, if you are a true car guy - that’s all that matters.

Often when words are just read on a screen - there can be some misinterpretation. Let’s all try to stay civil.

Maybe 2020 will be the year I can attend. I hope so. Seems like an awesome venue to see great cars and great people.

My 68 is just a POS old drag car (L78 originally shipped to Dick Fencl Chevrolet in one of the Chicago suburbs, Oak Park, IL) that nobody would want to see. But the 67 *might* be, depending on which way we ultimately go with the restoration. I was able to get some background history on it from the son of the original owner (he passed away a few years ago) and the original owners buddy. The car was in the Quad Cities area it’s whole life (off the road much of the time since the early 70s) until I bought it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:01:08 PM by bcmiller »
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

camaroboy68ss

• 1968 L30/M20
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »
Wish I could have made the show, the pictures are always amazing to see all the various cars that show up. I hope to try and save some vacation time to be able to make it next year. Would love to someday drag the 68 all the way there to show it. Maybe if they ever decided to do a L30/M20 display.
Young gun with a Camaro or 2.
1968 Camaro RS L30/M20, 2017 Camaro SS
1968 Chevy C10 - Twin to the Camaro
1933 Ford Pickup - "Camaro in disguise"

Daytona Z

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2019, 02:19:52 PM »
I hope someone took a photo of Jeff Makovich's 69 TA car...  I sold him a set of ARE magnesium wheels that I'd had for 35 yrs (which came off Bob Christiansen's 69 z28 TA car) so I'm hoping to see them put to good use.. :)

I didn't take this shot. It was posted by someone who posted a link on the Yenko site. I believe photo credit goes to Ryan Brutt. Here's the 69 T/A car.

Just an obsessive-compulsive first gen car guy...

did I mention I like three pedals in a car?

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2019, 09:46:43 PM »
Just a final thanks again to everyone as the meeting of so many made the MCACN show the best to date. Great meeting so many new faces like James, Bentley, Joe, Kurt, Darrell, and the every year there gang like Jon, Robert, Warren, Mike & Mike, Jay & Jay, Jon, Lloyd, Steve, Charlie, etc., etc., etc.

By the way, who was this GUY? LOL
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Niblet

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2020, 11:10:01 PM »
Thanks for the insults Niblet. Since I never heard back from you on the 67 hood I drug out of storage and took pictures of that you were interested in buying I finally put it back away. After the insult I'm really sorry I wasted my time. I learned alot from your post.

Well, it seems a couple of guys here got butthurt with me and banned me from the "good 'ole boys club"
I was talking about,,,,thanks for proving me right Chuck!
1967 SS 350 coupe one owner (well now 2)
1967 RS Vert

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2020, 02:30:42 AM »
I can assure you there is no “good ole boys club” here.  One of the few places where this isn’t the case.  I have made many friends here, many I have met in person and still more that I’ve never met. Personally it’s your attitude and your posts that have people not wanting to be friendly towards you.  Attract more flies with honey than vinegar. 

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2020, 02:51:04 AM »
Thanks for the insults Niblet. Since I never heard back from you on the 67 hood I drug out of storage and took pictures of that you were interested in buying I finally put it back away. After the insult I'm really sorry I wasted my time. I learned alot from your post.

Well, it seems a couple of guys here got butthurt with me and banned me from the "good 'ole boys club"

I kind of feel sorry for you guy. Ever since you joined this site, you’ve had that proverbial chip on your shoulder. I have met some pretty wealthy guys on here. And some poor schmucks, that are much,  like myself. But when we get together, all that matters is that we have a common passion for cars. I have never felt looked down upon. In fact I’m equal with my peers. No one is out to prove anything or rub their good fortune in my face. If that was the case, would we all look so forward to seeing each other at these events?  I don’t know about all guys, but I cherish the relationships I have made with these fellas. Yes, to the point that I made that shirt, not to draw undue attention to myself, but that fellas that have never met me in person and I have never had the pleasure to have met many of them, as well, could find me so that my hopes were that I would not leave without meeting all I wanted. Sadly, I did not. But I will try, again, next year. Does that sound like a bunch of guys to avoid, I ask? Yep, cars are drool worthy, fellas that I meet are priceless treasures. I only pray you soften your hard heart so as to see the value of good relationships
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2020, 04:24:02 AM »
I have no knowledge about why you were banned there, but don't bring the fight onto this forum - check that baggage at the door. :)
Thanks.
Kurt S
CRG