cook_dw

• View Profile
Re: MCACN
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »

Niblet

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2019, 02:31:11 AM »
Was planning on going. Had a room and a flight. Unfortunately I was badly hurt on a job on Sept. 25th and am now in a wheelchair. SOOOO frustrating to be confined now for 46 days, with many more ahead.  :'(
 Funny when I was there I wore my CRG T-Shirt the entire weekend and not one person came up to me... Danny

This doesn't surprise me, I can see the same happening to myself,,,I attribute it to not being one of the "good 'ole boys" with a super fat wallet,
I have been to trade shows in other hobbies and its the same,,you can be a top tier collector and know more than the average joe, but unless you flap your gums and have a lot of cash
no one seems to notice you

What I see in the pics of MCACN are a bunch of wealthy guys and their toys, "look at me" "I'm a millionaire and can afford this ultra rare COPO or Nicky Camaro"
and they set up a little lawn chair and hang out. I imagine more than half of them have never turned a wrench on their own car....

Show me a guy who RESEARCHED, BUILT, and MAINTAINS said car, then we can talk.
This is just my observation.....maybe when I attend it will be different

1967 SS 350 coupe one owner (well now 2)
1967 RS Vert

x66 714

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2019, 03:28:16 AM »
Quote: Show me a guy who RESEARCHED, BUILT, and MAINTAINS said car, then we can talk.
This is just my observation.....maybe when I attend it will be different.

That's me. I do as much as I can. I'm retired. I live off a small state pension & my late ex-wife's social security.
I plan on taking a car to MCACN next year. Not everybody there has deep pockets....Joe
See America's First, Chevrolet

1968 Z/28 Corvette Bronze. Black Hounds Tooth. 02E Los Angeles born 3/13/1968 pnt OO. Purchased March 1976
1969 SS396 Yellow/Yellow 08E Norwood born 8/28/1969 pnt 76E. Purchased April 1981

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2019, 03:48:35 AM »
Joe has a great build going. I am not super wealthy, but was fortunate to sell some property and purchase my unrestored car. I wrench on my drivers to keep them on the road. If guys work hard enough to purchase nice cars already done, good for them. We all come from different walks of life, and have different skills that got us to where we are, and what we have. I am just glad guys are healthy enough to make it to car show that always takes place after winter begins.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »
What I see in the pics of MCACN are a bunch of wealthy guys and their toys
I imagine more than half of them have never turned a wrench on their own car....
Show me a guy who RESEARCHED, BUILT, and MAINTAINS said car, then we can talk.
This is just my observation.....maybe when I attend it will be different
Anyone can express an opinion on an internet forum..... but you've just insulted many good people over at sYc (where you post, and seem happy to buy parts from those same members) based purely on your assessment of a few photos?
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »
Thanks for the insults Niblet. Since I never heard back from you on the 67 hood I drug out of storage and took pictures of that you were interested in buying I finally put it back away. After the insult I'm really sorry I wasted my time. I learned alot from your post.

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2019, 04:44:10 PM »
Ha, I knew it. Following these meticulously documented,upper tier builds. All a trick to suck in the poor people, with their 60-100k cars, and make fun of them😢
Probably lighting cigars with 100 dollar bills! For shame.

Been around this car stuff pretty much my whole life, prefer the drags, but anywhere I've been,get a kick out of the enthusiasm. Seen the guy with the double stacker help the guy with the open flat trailer...

Key in on appreciation for attention to detail,workmanship👍
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »
Two different fellas look and see the same scenes/things.....   One fella sees the good positives... while the other concentrates on the negatives...  Seems to be the way a part of the world works...?
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2019, 06:00:33 PM »
I have resisted a reply because I don’t want to jump in the fray. A lot of hurtful opinion. Hopefully the attitude will change once one attends the show, as suggested. My 1st time was this show. I certainly don’t have $$$. But one thing I have learned from attending this and the SCR’s in Bowling Green, KY., is that egos are put away and if you share the same passion and yearn for knowledge as the ones with the enviable stuff, many a friend can be made in the hobby. Personally, I have made many friends and earned respect as factual a contributor.

I am thankful for wealthy guys. Sure I would like to have a copo or Z or something that I feel I am priced out of the market. I think, if it is meant to be, aka,  a blind hog finding an acorn, which someday I hope is the case with me and that certain car falls into my lap. But when I think of a car, like the Ken Stoddard Trans-Am 69Z, I am so glad it fell into the hands of someone capable of doing a correct restoration and the justice done to that car which a fella of average means could never attain. The important thing is, someone wealthy and capable saved that car from certain death. For that and the countless other cars that have fell among prodigious caretakers, I say thank you.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:51:21 PM by ko-lek-tor »
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

Niblet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »
Thanks for the insults Niblet. Since I never heard back from you on the 67 hood I drug out of storage and took pictures of that you were interested in buying I finally put it back away. After the insult I'm really sorry I wasted my time. I learned alot from your post.

Insults? hows my opinion about MACAN insult you?
how is it a guy can wear a CRG t shirt and not one person ask him about it?
anyway...it doesnt matter....about the hood
As a buyer I dont have time to fool around with Uship or other such nonsense for a part that I dont need, but wouldnt mind having. As a buyer I pay money and the item arrives at my door. I f you would have had the inclination to ship it
and give me a reasonable total all inclusive,,maybe we could have completed the deal. I dont arrange shipping for my purchases,,Thats part of the sellers duties
1967 SS 350 coupe one owner (well now 2)
1967 RS Vert

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »
Niblet,
Well you can start with many but heck start with me as I with the help of a couple special friends restored our 68z to a great level and have tried to share the info and have answered many emails and PM’s along with a build thread that has accumulated over a half million hits. Other words, help as others have helped me and I work on my cars. At car events more times than not no one has an idea of who is loaded or in some particular dollar category and luckily most of us do not care. What we care about is the hobby and it contains people from all walks of life that share a common interest. A real shame you’ve never had that opportunity to experience but hopefully you will.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2019, 08:09:35 PM »
You asked for pics to show on you ship. I got the hood down and sent pics and that was the last I heard from you.. total waste of my time but no big deal for you. You have never been to MCACN but feel like you need to trash the people that go thru the time and expense to share their cars. As a owner of MCACN and a participant I can assure you that you have insulted many. MCACN is probably not the place for you.

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2019, 08:42:46 PM »
Niblet: MCACN is inclusive of all brands, and includes barn finds to concours restorations. No one has their wealth/assets listed on their forehead. Opinions should be formed by firsthand experience not a few photos. The show offers a wealth of information, in fact the silver JL8 Z28 pictured in this thread has components and a literature display never seen by most. Car people are car people, and everyone at the show was willing to help/share information from historians, restorers and enthusiast a like. Your initial post was an offensive blanket statement, which I thought after reflecting you might have had second thoughts about posting. Your second post however was more of the same....

Danny although no one recognized your CRG shirt, your 68 Z28 caught a lot of attention at MCACN a few years back. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a happy and healthy 2020.

Looking forward to another great 2020 MCACN show. Always great catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

Steve     
Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

camaro jock

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2019, 12:48:47 AM »
Thanks for the pictures looks like all walks of life could be happy there. I love them all. The mini trail 50 even looks good to me.looking forward to the pics next year.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2019, 01:32:04 AM »
I was there for four days. Saw quite a few people from the CRG forum including several that I had not met in person before. Never saw a person with a CRG shirt on. I think if you just go up to a car owner and ask them about their car you will hear some great stories, learn something, and find yourself having a good time. The more often you go, the more people you will meet and the more fun it becomes.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything