Author Topic: Include dealer sticker as part of restoration?  (Read 25974 times)

Rick Cell

• View Profile
Re: Include dealer sticker as part of restoration?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »
Most definitely belongs on the car as it left the dealership.
Rick

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
I like it. I will putting mine on when i get finished with my car.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »
Mike I think it is a nice touch. The NCRS provides a great service for guys to figure out who the original dealer was, but it still takes some work to get original dealer items for most of us. I have been on the hunt for dealer items for each of my cars. it really depends on the dealer, for what items may still be out there.

I really think it makes any car stand out from others with it present though, and tells a neat story.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2018, 03:22:43 PM »
If it were my car I would keep it - but saying that.. it sounds pretty large - so I would get a copy made of it and get it somewhat reduced in size and then have it remade to a magnetic sticker as others here have suggested, so it could be added or removed at will.
You could consider getting a couple of them in various sizes done as well to suit your mood so it could be more or less as conspicuous when applied as you want, yet still be as visible depending on the reduced size of your choice, yet as removable and reusable as possible while still looking very authentic. 
I'm sure there wouldn't be anyone who would or could recall the exact size of any original version anyway, nor few that could tell that a magnetic version wasn't actually the real one either as they can be quite thinly made!

70L34

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
I added the original emblem back to my '68. The car has so much documentation it seemed a shame to just weld up the holes on the tail pan and leave it off the restoration.

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »
My z has the Scuncio dealer metal emblem on it. The previous owner had it coated with gold finish. A pic is in the test thread. Someone borrowed a pitted chrome one I had and repoped. It was the Scuncio guy who kind of disappeared.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

169INDY

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2018, 04:18:40 AM »
Nicely Done Sir!
One of my Fav cars here!

I MUST have a sickness, I am digging the correct overspray of the body color on the underside  of the hood.

I vote for magnet on tail pan.

JIM
Jim
68 SS/RS L35 Th-400 LOS
69 Pace Car L48 Th-350 LOS
68 Z28 M21 LOS

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
My dealer plate
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

68L30

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2018, 01:37:57 AM »
I ended up buying a Corvair from across the country to get my dealer badge back. Took me over 20 years to find one. Found it about 2 weeks after we painted the car... :P

Steve 

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2018, 04:05:16 AM »
I love both of them. :)

(not sure about the gold though... :o)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Kelley W King

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
My car came with an original chrome tag also but it needs replating. Also got a leather key fob, original 69 dealer adds, and two 69 Z28 shipping reports with I copied to Kurt for the database. The previous owner even met with Bob Johnson Scuncio,s High Performance manager during the restoration. I really did not think much of it until a guy at a show offered to buy the tag. His price surprised me and made me do more research. The gold tag kind of makes the non original paint color pop.
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2018, 11:29:57 AM »
  Interesting how the metal tags shown in this thread are on the left side and the sizes look similar. I am guessing they are approximately 5-6" wide? I moved the magnet to the left side and though my car doesn't have a rear spoiler, standing back and looking at the sticker on the left side, it sort of 'balances' the look with the Chevrolet/Camaro emblems on the right side. But, I'll keep it on the right side being that is how it came originally. I'll admit that I do like the metal tags better.
  On another note I happen to find an original Spielman dealer key ring on eBay from an estate sale. I snatched it up immediately and have my keys hanging from that now while I drive it.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

68L30

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »
Left seems to be popular... I actually welded up my holes after I took measurements. I too have my "born with"  keys and the dealer key chain. Very cool to have. Side note, I have one Rochchester Products key and one Briggs....

Most of the emblems were made by a company called D-Line. They offered similar designs to pick from, some decals, plastic, screw on and tape on...I have the Demo kit from them, I can post some pics tonight if there is any interest.

Steve   

1968 Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
I too have my "born with"  keys and the dealer key chain. Very cool to have. Side note, I have one Rochchester Products key and one Briggs....
Steve   
MY 68Z has the original chrome sticker mounted in the same area as yours.

My car has a B&S for the ignition key and a Rochchester for the trunk.  Have found some identical replacement B&S blanks but haven't found any blanks for the Rochchester.
Jerry G.
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
 I am long overdue to posting the dealer sticker I had mentioned in this post. I did take some pictures while the car was being buffed before its first show but didn't take better pictures during the show season.
Anyhow....here are a few showing: A) no sticker, B) the original location on the rear panel C) an alternate location on the trunk lid (seems to be a favorite of the several people I asked at shows) and D) showing it in the original location (like B)  on the rear of the car at a show. Currently the sticker is attached to a very thin magnetic sheet so it can easily be moved.
    Honestly....What do you think?

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored