Author Topic: Grandma's 69 Camaro - Hi, I am new to the Forum  (Read 45989 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Grandma's 69 Camaro - Hi, I am new to the Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »
I think you are on the right track already. For the Hub caps, I would evaluate the set you have, and find some really nice used ones. No need to spend big money on NOS, some light patina will fit in well with your car.

One thing I forgot to mention, (but you may already know), if you remove any parts off the car, don't throw them away just put them on the shelf. Even the original dented hubcaps, hang them on the wall. To many guys have thrown stuff away, only to realize later that they wish they should have held onto all the stuff they removed.

I look forward to seeing more pics of your car, and welcome to the site!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:12:13 PM by BULLITT65 »
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »
Here is a picture of the body tag.  (sorry about the pour lighting)

The VIN is 123379N669743
1969 Camaro - 6 cylinder - Original car, never restored.  Needs some TLC.  My Great Grandmother bought it new and has been in the family ever since.

I am a Ford guy, but this Camaro will never leave the family.  Sorry for the uneducated questions.

Thank you, Brian

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »
Brian, if the water pump on your Camaro is original, Bryon would love the information off it.  You can post the info here...  http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=12531.0

Paul

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
Brian, if the water pump on your Camaro is original, Bryon would love the information off it.  You can post the info here...  http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=12531.0

Paul

Paul,  I do not know at this moment.  I will take a look at it and report back.
Thank you, Brian
1969 Camaro - 6 cylinder - Original car, never restored.  Needs some TLC.  My Great Grandmother bought it new and has been in the family ever since.

I am a Ford guy, but this Camaro will never leave the family.  Sorry for the uneducated questions.

Thank you, Brian

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
Brian do you have a blue VIN sticker on the drivers side door?

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »
Brian do you have a blue VIN sticker on the drivers side door?

I don't know that either. Haha.  I am at work right now, but this evening I can look.  What am I looking for?  Do you have a photo of one, so I know what to look for?

Thank you, Brian

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 04:20:59 PM »
If it has one it will have the VIN number typed on it . Here is a copy of one:

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 09:51:40 PM »
Here are a few other photos that I found on my computer.

From March 1, 2015

Here are two photos of when I brought it to my house from my parents house.  About 2012, I think?

Notice the stickers on the front and rear bumpers?  Those are from when my Great Grandma worked at Ford Ord in California.  Those stickers allowed her in and out of the facility.  I would like to find some original stickers or try to reproduce the stickers if at all possible.

Thank you, Brian

ecstears@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 10:02:18 PM »
Welcome Brian!  Don't drive your grandma's Camaro too much; you'll sell the Fords!  :)

Paul

awesome car Brian!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 01:48:46 AM »
A good body guy could fix that fender by popping it out. Wouldn't be perfect, but wouldn't need paint. And would be low cost...
Kurt S
CRG

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 02:23:45 AM »
A good body guy could fix that fender by popping it out. Wouldn't be perfect, but wouldn't need paint. And would be low cost...
I would imagine the same could be said for the wheel covers. It probably would not take much to hammer out the dents and straighten them out.
On the fender, I would just do it yourself with a rubber mallet and a body hammer and even an amatuer, like myself, could get a good bit of the dent out without repaint.
Also noticed this car is a non X11(X44). Would be nice to get some detail pics of untouched areas as so many restos add X11 components.
If you do decide to hammer out the fender and the grille is still good, not cracked, remove it before hammering or you may possibly damage it. If uncracked, the grille is a valuable piece.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 02:32:05 AM »
Those are from when my Great Grandma worked at Ford Ord in California.

A true ford guy. Cool story and car!!

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2015, 04:44:53 AM »

BULLITT65 - my car does not have that blue sticker.  What does that mean?  There is a place that looks like old glue residue, but I don't know if that is from an oil change sticker or something else. 

Thank you, Brian

silverton_ford

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2015, 04:48:46 AM »
Those are from when my Great Grandma worked at Ford Ord in California.

A true ford guy. Cool story and car!!

Haha!  Oops.  You caught me.  Yes, she worked at FORT Ord.  Thank you for the correction.  That is what I get for trying to multi-task and not working when I should be.  Haha

Thank you, Brian

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2015, 05:32:46 AM »

BULLITT65 - my car does not have that blue sticker.  What does that mean?  There is a place that looks like old glue residue, but I don't know if that is from an oil change sticker or something else. 

So there are 2 raised ribs on the door, (for sticker placement) and starting with cars delivered in September of 69 it was mandatory for them to have this door sticker with the VIN. Thats is it in a nutshell.

Your car (08A) car was most likely delivered around the second to third week of August, so most likely it never had the sticker.

thanks for looking.

anything