Author Topic: Half a 69 camaro....  (Read 20964 times)

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
Re: Half a 69 camaro....
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »
Did the right hand drive Camaro come from the factory with the rear stripes too close together ?
It's an early-built car, from memory September of '68, and there is a thread on this forum somewhere that showed (with photos) a number of early cars had the same rear stripe layout as the previous years did, and also that the stripes stopped further back from the rear window trim than later cars did. I'll see if I can find that thread and post the URL.
I have some recollection of that discussion but I thought the issue discussed was the distance from the rear window that the stripes started.

Azure1969Z/28

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
Did the right hand drive Camaro come from the factory with the rear stripes too close together ?
It's an early-built car, from memory September of '68, and there is a thread on this forum somewhere that showed (with photos) a number of early cars had the same rear stripe layout as the previous years did, and also that the stripes stopped further back from the rear window trim than later cars did. I'll see if I can find that thread and post the URL.
http://www.camaro-untoldsecrets.com/articles/1969.htm RE:Sales brochure oddities Is that a black grille in the red 69 Z? Hard to tell. I have the later brochure at home. I'll have to check

jacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 11:55:14 PM »
Fender strips on my 69 Z10 "when it had original paint" were about an inch & a half  longer on the drivers side than the passenger side
69 Z10,69 ss396Chevelle, 71 Corvette