Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176623 times)

HOT3O2

• View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
Daniel, I know what your saying, Flex Fit has a lot of different style hats, I believe they even have one with the mesh material. The one I posted a pic of is a real lite material, not like the thick wool baseball caps. I wear caps a lot and it breaths pretty good and not too hot. But then again I live in San Diego, not down in the south east where it can get a little warm with a lot of humidity. When I ordered some hats for our scout troop a few years back I ordered 100 hats, 50 in one style and 50 in another and the price was the same. Maybe that could be checked into. The embroidering is all going to be the same. We'll see what Marty wants to do. But this is good that were are on here discussing it. What ever is decided on isn't going to be 100% agreed on but hopefully it will be close.  :)
Rick
69 RS/Z28

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
Rick I guess I'm old and set in my ways so to speak and change is hard on us old timers.. The reason I'm reluctant to try the flex fit is because I've never worn one that I liked.  I'm just looking for something comfortable. The only reason I would prefer one cap over another is because all caps are not created equal. A cap is a cap is a cap is farthest from the truth as you know. I've worn the one example I put up and it's a good cap and wears great. The bill breaks easier than most and after you wear it a couple times you don't have to adjust it again. It'll hold it's form from one wear to the next. I'm sure we'll come up with something that will suit everybody and have a great looking cap to boot.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

IZRSSS

« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2012, 04:39:44 PM »
No matter what our take is on certain hat’s; it couda’ been worse... :)

tmodel66

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2012, 06:13:41 PM »
Now Marty ! I could swing Donald OK  ;D but not the beer box. Too heavy  ::)
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
I've seen a lot of those gray-haired visors at car shows...  :o  For many of us it might "fit"...  ;D ;) :D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2012, 02:42:04 AM »
A. I assume the start dates are pending GM approval.
A- Yup - hang on to them and post up when ready.
Though Marty says this, he has also recently PM'd me demanding that:
"If the polls are not started on Dec. 3 as I have stated in the “TEST RUNS”; I am not asking you, I am telling you to delete my CRG account."

Nothing has changed. GM approval is required first. Coercion doesn't change that. :(
Kurt S
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2012, 05:23:23 AM »
I am just curious, what is "the groups" reasoning in postponing the poll? It doesn't seem like it would harm anything to have us narrow down our selections on the hat and shirt while we are submitting for GM s permission.
How about if I got permission from GM for our website to run a poll about a possible shirt if we get permission?

Or we could do a new poll about wether everyone thinks we should do a poll on the shirts right now??
but I could see "the group" banning that poll on a poll as well.

This is just getting silly now....

1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2012, 05:59:22 AM »
Sorry if I offend, but I'm with Kurt on this one. It has been made clear from the beginning that GM permission would be granted or there would be no product. It is the CRG core (them) that would take the heat from GM for any violation. Marty has already accomplished a ton getting to this point. I'm looking forward to a shirt like everyone else, but not if it creates legal problems that could shut down this incredable resource. Sorry if there are typos, I'm at work on my not so smart phone without spellcheck.   
Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

IZRSSS

« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2012, 12:23:59 PM »
Though Marty says this, he has also recently PM'd me demanding that:
"If the polls are not started on Dec. 3 as I have stated in the “TEST RUNS”; I am not asking you, I am telling you to delete my CRG account."
Nothing has changed. GM approval is required first. Coercion doesn't change that. :(

Sorry if I offend, but I'm with Kurt on this one. It has been made clear from the beginning that GM permission would be granted or there would be no product. It is the CRG core (them) that would take the heat from GM for any violation. Marty has already accomplished a ton getting to this point. I'm looking forward to a shirt like everyone else, but not if it creates legal problems that could shut down this incredable resource. Sorry if there are typos, I'm at work on my not so smart phone without spellcheck.  
Tom

Kurt – First let me summarize what has transpired so everyone is up to speed; this thread began on Oct. 30. On Oct. 31 you posted this; “Anything with the word Camaro on it needs to be licenced. So GM needs to approve. And it would need to be done like Jim mentioned so that someone isn’t burdened with collecting money and distributing all the caps.”
What exactly did your first two sentences mean? Did they mean; this discussion is closed until GM licensing is secured? Did it mean; I will do my part to secure GM licensing? Or; Yes I’m on board with this venture as long as “none core members” do this work for me? {As for your last statement, this has already been done for you}.

Then on Nov. 17 you began posting four consecutive responses (replies; 207, 210, 226, & 232) in what appeared to be your full support for this venture, very misleading, BTW.
I then opened the polls on Nov. 26, following several advance notices of deadlines for T-shirt design ideas which everyone met and agreed to for the exception of one member who had a hissy fit over some of the “approved entries” after the polls were up and running. My guess is because his pic was not up front in the early voting. Shortly after this, you jumped in and shut the polls down (everything went downhill from there). You shutting down the polls would have been enough to upset anyone; especially after the amount of effort that went into this (from everyone). It certainly did me, so much so that I pm’d you at that exact moment asking you to delete my account. But you didn’t. Perhaps if you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation now.

Second; Since you’ve decided to make my pm quote public I think it only right you post the entire quote;

Kurt – I’m not sure what your reasons are for not starting the poll’s before the GM licensing issues are resolved. I think it has more to do with a power struggle than anything else. You know as well as I do GM licensing has nothing to do with conducting a poll. If the polls are not started on Dec. 3 as I have stated in the “TEST RUNS”; I am not asking you, I am telling you to delete my CRG account.

You still haven’t answered this question; what is the harm in conducting the poll even if you do not get GM licensing approval? If you are unsuccessful in acquiring GM Licensing approval at least we will know which Cap and Tee won.

And finally; there is a difference between what is right and what is wrong. And what you have done here is wrong.

There is no need to delete my account…I have my password.

Marty

BTW; As for GM shutting down a site for simply conducting a poll??? I’m not that naïve Tom!

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »

Guys - In the spirit of the holiday season in which we should all strive to be kinder to others in our busy lives, I ask can we all just agree to disagree and walk away with dignity and grace intact.  I'm saddened to see any thread digress into a string of these back and forth posts. I deal with this stuff all the time at work, don't need it in my off time especially at this time of year and when so many in my area are still living sub human existences in the wake of Hurricane Sandy in smashed homes and lives. The negative energy wasted here in this thread could be better used in positive random acts of kindness.

Bottom line IMHO is that if someone really wants a baseball cap or a golf shirt there are plenty of places on-line that already have them with Camaro logos and script or create a custom one for themselves with no issues based on these already licensed products. There is a major baseball hat chain with stores in most malls across America that is more than eager to have your business.

So the back and forth is unnecessary. The point is mute since you folks who want hats and shirts do have other off forum options. Kurt has spoken and as owner of the site is entitled to do so. We all need to respect his wishes and continue to engage in healthy exchanges of the ideas, techniques, and interesting histories of the cars that are our passions. Camaro after all according to then Chevrolet president, Pete Estes, is “a name which is lithe and graceful…in keeping with our other car names beginning with ‘C.’ It suggests comradeship of good friends, as a personal car should be to its owner.”  

No offense or lashing implied or directed by me toward any individuals in this thread, just an observation by an old Owl hanging out in the barn.

Happy and Safe Holidays - whatever your particular tradition may be - to you and yours from me and mine.
Brian

1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
In a PM to you on November 24th, I clearly stated that GM approval needed to happen first.
"GM licensing approval is required due to the use of trademarked words. We won't approve without that so I think that getting GM approval should be #1 on the list."
Despite that, 2 days later you went ahead with the polls. And still want to, though GM approval is not in hand.

I'm done arguing about this.
Kurt S
CRG

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2012, 01:36:55 AM »
I locked this topic.
We'll move forward and do the polls when GM approval is received.
Kurt S
CRG

anything