Author Topic: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?  (Read 176080 times)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: Official CRG Cap and T-shirt?
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2012, 05:11:48 AM »
Can the CRG banner be any larger on the shoulder blades? I would like to see a larger banner on the back if it is not feasible on the front. Also the website included in the same font as the mission statement, but have the mission statement above the logo on the back and then the website below banner possibly. One other question I have seen the deadline date for entering our ideas, but is it a separate vote for what color the actual shirt is going to be? Thanks
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

IZRSSS

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »
BULLITT65 – I just want to be clear before I start; Mission statement as in; “Primary Research & Restoration Data for First-Generation Camaros”. And you would like to see this above the logo…correct? And “Camaros.org” below the logo…correct?

As for the size of the logo I’ll try to figure out something we can use to work with so that both you and Steve can determine the maximum size.

Yes, there will be a separate vote for T-shirt & cap color's.

Thanks!

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
Well it depends if you are going to use  "Primary Research & Restoration Data for First-Generation Camaro" I would put it below the banner and the website above the banner. If you are going to use " the camaro authority" or "camaro archeologists " then I would put either of those statements above the banner ,and the website below it. I think it is a matter of balance. I do like the Camaro script with.org behind it.

IZRSSS

« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »
BULLITT65 – I hope this is what you’re looking for…BTW, looks nice!

Steve – Both tee pics below represent the back of the shirt. The two narrow outlines in the first pic represent larger logos. Can either of these be used?

Thanks guys!

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
Marty, you are D-Man !!!!  You and others  have invested a lot of time and work here..Great Work !!! I like the shirt on the right without the outline boxes, but would be proud to own and wear either....

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
Omit the double lines, keep it simple. The CRG logo must camera ready when submitted to the printer in order to duplicate it's 3D effect and drop shadow. Print shops are a dime a dozen.

IZRSSS

« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
Eddie - Let me try to do a better job explaining the two outlines; they represent 2 more sizes of actual logos. I did it this way so I don’t have to show 2 more shirts. Sorry, I'm still trying to learn how to communicate with this bucket of transistors! ;)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »
Marty,

The way it is on the right side example, I would run with that.
I think you nailed the final markup. I certainly would buy that.

Screen or embroidered? I'd vote for embroidered but I'll take what the final decision is.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
Quote from: Sauron327 link=topic=10128.msg75857#msg75857 date= Print shops are a dime a dozen.
[/quote

He's right, there are many print shops out there and the quality of their product is as varied.

Marty, both post 198 shirts are possible.  Keep in mind that the 3D look is difficult to do and that the more ink (logo size) results in a higher cost.   Also, you can feel the logo on your skin when it gets this large.  Can be uncomfortable to many folks.  Additionally, you normally don't see the same logo on the front and on the back of shirts.

Steve
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM by Steve68 »

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »
Ok, Marty now I think we are closing in on it. Can you put the website below the banner like option D. (white Camaro lettering looks like the script from the emblem)  from post 184, and of corse the largest banner please. I appreciate the visuals of each example, it is easier to imagine the finished product this way.

IZRSSS

« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
B65...maybe? & with or w/o CRG logo up front?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:43:03 PM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »
Marty,
The way it is on the right side example, I would run with that.
I think you nailed the final markup. I certainly would buy that.
Screen or embroidered? I'd vote for embroidered but I'll take what the final decision is.
Mike

Thank you Mike. If you like, I can include that one in the poll as well. :)

BTW...with or w/o the small offset CRG logo up front?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 09:45:14 PM by IZRSSS »

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2012, 02:01:14 AM »
Wow, lots of effort and ideas going into this.
Marty, thanks for spearheading this.

A couple of comments:
Anything with the word Camaro on it needs to be licenced. So GM needs to approve.
This needs addressed. I know the F-body list did it for some items they had made, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm not worried about advertising the site via the shirt. So make a design that y'all are happy with.

I'd think you'd want "The First Gen Authority" (doesn't need to be bold on the shirt).
I'd like to use the Camaro script on the back. It would be cool/retro to do the Camaros.org in that script too. I know that it's just a close font now, but if it gets to that point.....

When voting, you might vote on the front and then the back, since the front is mostly settled.

I don't want to get too complicated, but..... Steve, is it a big deal to get a few shirts that are different? Let's say we went with the black - can another dark color like blue done too and maybe order one shirt for Daniel with a pocket.  :)
BTW, I dislike pure white - anything off-white doesn't show the dirt and stains as much.

I really like the inherent simplicity of this version, esp the 2 different fonts on the back.
Kurt S
CRG

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2012, 02:54:26 AM »
Steve, is it a big deal to get a few shirts that are different? Let's say we went with the black - can another dark color like blue done too and maybe order one shirt for Daniel with a pocket.  

Blue would probably work if it is a dark blue and the logo looked OK to everyone with blue instead of black.  Substituting a blue shirt for black would mean that the logo would have blue where the black is now.  Anytime a color of the design (logo) is the same color as the material (shirt in this case) the shirt color is used so you don't have to use ink in that area.  Does that make sense?   In other words, where there is black color in the logo, and you print on a blue shirt you would have to use black ink (if blue was unacceptable) to cover the blue material.  This would require additional ink (black) and another screen to be made (more $).  A shirt with a pocket is OK too, they just require an extra step when printing on the pocket.  I hope all that is clear.  If not just let me know and I will try again.

I too like the design in Kurt's post.  The two different back fonts do not create any concerns as long as they are the same color.

Steve

69glacierblue

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2012, 03:01:05 AM »
I like the simplicity of the shirts above in Kurt's post.  IMO, nice for the front and back to look different.  Great job by all you guys working on this!
Dennis
'69 SS350 Vert (X55) 4-sp.
'10 2SSRS RJT M6