Author Topic: Monterey  (Read 15250 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Monterey
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
I'd be interested, Robert. Bring them on down!
Jon Mello
CRG

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 03:15:19 AM »
Mr. Barg--  Buzz Dyer will be there in his Javelin.  Look for him.  He mentioned you by name the other.....  can't remember why, but he did!

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »
I met Buzz at the Westwood Trans-Am race in 1980.  He was racing his AMX Hornet and I had the 1st ex Dick Hoffman camaro - he finished one spot ahead of me - 11th.  He has been at the Seattle Historics a few times in recent years and I met him there.

Robert Barg

kiwiboss

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »
I spoke with Buzz at Somona last year, nice guy and i didn't realize he's owned and raced this Javelin since new, be great to see him in with the HTA guys.

Arup, big bird day tomorrow night!! see you all Friday.

Dale(NZL)

klvn8r

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:41 PM »
Here is Buzz and his Hornet, reunited last month.  It was built as a Hornet, then changed taillight panel and nose to Concord, as did AMC in 1978.  Buzz said he hasn't seen this car since 1985...but it hasn't changed much!!

naparsei

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
I hope you enjoy driving your new toy, Alex.

Jon, nice meeting you at the event. After a tough first session in the car, I had a great time. Hope to see you in San Diego.
Alex

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 03:59:57 AM »
Alex, it was great to meet you over the race weekend. Sorry you had car issues to deal with. I hope things go better the next time out but I'm glad you still had some fun. There were quite a few people I wish I had more time to talk to but there was just a lot to see and do. I couldn't fit it all in.
Jon Mello
CRG

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »
It was quite a thrill for this old-timer to see those cars running again - sure brought back some memories.  Was good to meet up again with Jon, Chad, Robert, Bill, Dale and others.  Unfortunately I had to leave after the Sat. AM race.  Really enjoyed it

Robert Barg

anything