Author Topic: Historic Trans-Am Track Talk at Monterey (Saturday, August 18th @ 2pm)  (Read 6374 times)

OCTARD

• View Profile
Hello folks,

For those attending the Monterey Motorsports Reunion this weekend, on Saturday, at 2pm, in the Trans-Am alley, at the big red Edelbrock transporter, we'll have a "track talk" session on some of the unique parts that were made for these cars in the glory days of the Trans-Am. 

The overview will be provided by some of the members of this forum (Jon Mello, Robert Lodewyk (Sixteen Grand Sedan #56) and myself (OCTARD).

The discussion and part overview will last about an hour, and be on some of the special parts that GM made for their Trans-Am racers.  Special focus will be on varying GM crossram manifolds, crossram and single four cowl plenum air cleaners, etc.  The individual items discussed will be off the vehicle for better viewing and individual inspection.  Please drop by and learn a little bit about what makes these Trans-Am cars so special, by some of their parts. 

-Chad

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Chad, I really appreciate the efforts you undertook to pull this all together. This will be a great addition to the race weekend.
Jon Mello
CRG

kiwiboss

• View Profile
This is just fantastic guys, can't miss this so i'll be there!!

Dale(NZL)

Sixteen Grand Sedan #56

• View Profile
Great presentation Chad. 8)

Congratulations on receiving the Roy Woods Memorial Trophy award this years as well, you deserve it
Robert Lodewyk

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Chad,

Great job on the tech seminar and, as Robert has mentioned, congratulations on being awarded the Roy Woods Memorial Trophy this year. You are a very deserving recipient.

Jon Mello
CRG

67 rss

• View Profile
Thanks for putting that on Chad- an informative session. Now you need one for the Ford guys  ;).

Congrats on the trophy...nice to meet both Jon and Robert.

Lane

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Nice to meet you at the races, Lane. Thanks for posting the photo of Tom McIntyre presenting the trophy to Chad.
Jon Mello
CRG

OCTARD

• View Profile
Thank you all for the kind words.  I really appreciate it.

There is a plan for more of these "Track Talks," and I will work with the next presenter(s) to help them come off even better.  Future "Track Talks" will be on a variety of different brands and topics related to the Historic Trans-Am era, with a presenter who is knowledgeable on the subject.

-Chad

anything