CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106661 Posts in 12435 Topics by 4791 Members
Latest Member: DEL
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  Two piece brake rotor replacement.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print
Author Topic: Two piece brake rotor replacement.  (Read 4350 times)
68Zproject

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »

I've driven my daily driver car and many others with drums and rotors turned way past the specs and never had a problem.  If you're driving so close to the edge that a few thousanths of an inch mean life or death, I'd take a bus.

68Z28
DAVEN1256

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »

I've driven my daily driver car and many others with drums and rotors turned way past the specs and never had a problem.  If you're driving so close to the edge that a few thousandths of an inch mean life or death, I'd take a bus.
I have no idea how significant those few thousandths are. Some feel it could be dangerous and other don't...... I would think, however, that the manufactureres build some extra margin into those minimum specs just to cover themselves............How do you get yours turned past the minimum? Do you take them to a shop and they do it regardless of the fact that they are going past the minimum?
Petes L48

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »

I pulled out my originals, one hub had green paint at the outer end.  This one was missing the rotor when I got the car.  My other assembly did not have any paint markings, and the rotor was not drilled/balanced.  Early 67 LOS

vtfb68

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »

Pete,
Thats the same as mine, late 68 LA. Might be an inspection or ID of some sort. Anybody know?
We can be perty sure they are factory originals.
   VT

05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
"In the pursuit of accuracy"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: