Author Topic: Camaro Natiionals @ Frederick Fairgrounds 2012  (Read 13026 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Camaro Natiionals @ Frederick Fairgrounds 2012
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
The Camaro Nationals held at the Frederick Fairgrounds was a big success. All of the "Legend" and "Bow Tie" class cars are now in an air conditioned building at the fairgrounds with plenty of room for moving cars around. Best judging conditions we've ever had.

All of the national judging teams have been consistant now for many years. Larry Christensen and I have now been working together for over 20 years. Bob Harris and Brad McAdam are not far behind in the years we've worked together. The chemistry and consistancy of what we do is now better than ever.

We also introduced "Legend Vintage" judging this year for all original survivor type 1st Gen Camaros. Make arrangements to attend next year. Should be even bigger and better! Car count was well over 425 cars this year!

Special thanks go out to the Maryland Camaro Club and the American Camaro Association.  See you next year!

Jerry

JKZ27

• View Profile
Re: Camaro Natiionals @ Frederick Fairgrounds 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Yes. I was there all weekend and had a great time. The larger, air conditioned building was really awesome. There were some unbelievable restored cars including a handful of 67 Z28s, SS 350s and the Hugger Orange ZL1. I love seeing the reaction of the owners when their name is called out for their award, after seeing them sweat while the judges surrounded the car earlier. Also, it was nice to see some early 2nd gen L78s worthy of the A/C building. Can't wait for next June.

John
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:09:47 AM »
Sounds like fun. I hope to make it up there one of these years. Right now my work schedule does not allow me to travel. Maybe after I retire. I am just wondering though, I already know some of the parts on my car are not original like the A/C and the accessories to make it functional like radiator, pulleys, and Alt. But, if the rest of the car is a numbers matching engine, trans, rear axle, and the heads and manifolds are correct part numbers and dates with an original interior. Could my car qualify for one of the judging classes without restoring back to 100% factory original?

Anyone have any photos for those of us who were not able to make it?

Mac B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 03:01:02 AM »
This was my first time at the event.  The entire experience was outstanding.  Organization was excellent as was communication with car owners.  The Friday night banquet at the host hotel was great fun.  The judges were professional and very thorough.  I have a Legends Car (picture attached) and am very pleased with my results with a 91.6 score.  I also have plenty to work on and am studying the judging sheets.  A picture of my car is attached.  All and all a great weekend with fellow Camaro enthusiasts. ;D

buds396

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »
Mickystoys,

I would like to here more about your 69, it may qualify for Bow Tie. Sent me an email at buds393@gmail.com.

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and support of the Camaro Nationals.  Hope to see everyone in Frederick, MD June 21 & 22, 2013.
1968 RS/SS L78
Reading, Pa.

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:54:56 PM »
Is there a site or someplace showing the results of the Legend judging?  Just wondering how some of those awesome cars fared in points and compared to each other.  Great show, my first time attending and will be back next year, hopefully I'll remember the camera. 

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
I have never been to this event or anything like it. Are all the judged cars trailer queens or is there a mixture of those driven as well that get judged.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
Like with almost any car show, it takes all kinds of cars to make a show...I was there this past w/e. I saw trailer queen's and fixer-uppers along with daily driver, as well..A lot of very, very nice people..There was a 1969 Camaro with a Hemi-blower power plant...Very nice car, very noisy and stirred up quite a bit of dust as well for the clean car ready to be judged...

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

mickeystoys69RSSS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
Mickystoys,

I would like to here more about your 69, it may qualify for Bow Tie. Sent me an email at buds393@gmail.com.

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and support of the Camaro Nationals.  Hope to see everyone in Frederick, MD June 21 & 22, 2013.

bud

All of the information about the car I have posted here:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8966.0

and questions I asked on this site including the pictures of the VIN, Cowl tag, and engine VIN.

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »

I had a GREAT time at the 2012 Camaro Nationals.  I learned a lot and got a lot of great advice.  Especially from judges Jerry M and Chris and a couple of guys who had Z/28's there....Dale and Al.

I took a video in the Legends and Bowtie building.  This video has more of the Bowtie cars.  Unfortunately, I used my Sony camcorder which goes to a mini-DVD which requires ripping software to make a youtube video.  This is the first time I used ripping software so I downloaded a trial version which stuck a watermark right in the middle.  Also, I usually drink way too much coffee so the video is jittery.  You can get the general idea though.

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/AVV_MJ12dsA

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
For comparison sake, did anyone go to Carlisle last weekend too? Anything going on up there?

John
John

4Camaros

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 08:25:53 PM »
The scores and results for all of the judging will be posted on the Camaro Nationals website in a few weeks.

One of our sponsors was at Carlisle and counted the cars on the field on Saturday. There were 161 Camaros there, compared with 430 at the Camaro Nationals.

A big thank you to the sponsors, vendors, entrants and spectators who came out in support of the Camaro Nationals. It's been a lot of work (but fun work) being involved in the Nationals and we hope to see everyone back next year! Thank you also for the kind words and encouragement in putting on a show of this magnitude and caliber. If not for the Camaro enthusiasts and their passion for their cars, this would be just another car show - and it is anything but!

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »

I had a GREAT time at the 2012 Camaro Nationals.  I learned a lot and got a lot of great advice.  Especially from judges Jerry M and Chris and a couple of guys who had Z/28's there....Dale and Al.

I took a video in the Legends and Bowtie building.  This video has more of the Bowtie cars.  Unfortunately, I used my Sony camcorder which goes to a mini-DVD which requires ripping software to make a youtube video.  This is the first time I used ripping software so I downloaded a trial version which stuck a watermark right in the middle.  Also, I usually drink way too much coffee so the video is jittery.  You can get the general idea though.

Youtube link: http://youtu.be/AVV_MJ12dsA

Hi Dave,
 Thanks for the interesting video. Did you get to see under the cars as well and if so how were the bottoms finished? All uniform black or a bottom with overspray? Colors?

Mike

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
There are some pictures up on the Maryland Camaro Club site.http://www.mdcamaroclub.com/gallery/v/reduced_021/
Hope the link works.

John
John

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
The link works good, John.
Are those models on page 8 the 'special edition'?  ;)

Thank you for the post,
Mike