Author Topic: Your worst 1st generation Camaro fears - realized  (Read 34203 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst 1st generation Camaro fears - realized
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 08:52:49 PM »
I'm a tarheel myself... but back to the thread. ;D
Thanks for those pics, Richard.  I'm going back to my first post:  This is not a rebody.  It is a kit car!   >:(
In the case of this particular car, how could you not call it a kit car?  It is not original in any way, shape or form: not an original body, drive train(?), motor.  But from these pictures I can also see how it would be easy to produce a car that could fool a lot of people with an original VIN attached to it.  The kit car market has lots of cars that are registered as the original.  Sadly, it appears that the same may soon be true for Camaros.  All the more reason to check out any car thoroughly before you buy it.  ::)
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

hair

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »
me again    id post some pics on here if i could figure it out iam puter dumb , the cowl tag on my camaro reads like this;  st69   12437  nor224741 bdy      711         79 e  pnt    01b    x22           had the factory paint and perchment   top on it when i got it but was in rough shape  never was repanted that i could tell  , there were no strips on this car when we started on it, was rally green with white top did havee black tail pan and rockers,  the motor was gone but 4 speed and rear were still in car  we left some on the factory paint behind the sail panels incase  anyone dint think it was a rally green car . because its my car i left off the white top and added glod and silver preal and flipflop to a rally green paint , did new seals everywhere , had everything that would come off this car off and cleaned rebuilt and painted   , getting close to being done but are they ever really done , running a very warm small block with a winters 302 intake , all new big block spring front rear , has 2 peice rotors on front , well ill figure out this pic thing and post a bunch if anyone is interested in seeing it       rick

clwilcox

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »
That interior on that kit car is awful!!
Christropher
1967 RS/SS 350......in pieces still.

nuch_ss396

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 09:59:28 PM »
Rick,

Send me the images, I'll post them for you.

Steve
69 SS 396, Hugger Orange, D/80, D/90
Chambered Exhaust, N/66, THM400, 3:73 posi

Steve A.
  CRG