Author Topic: 69 L48/LM1 Automatic "Keep Your GM Car..." Decal Info Wanted  (Read 51649 times)

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
Re: 69 L48/LM1 Automatic "Keep Your GM Car..." Decal Info Wanted
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 06:00:19 AM »
Marty - 60's printing technology on offset presses would not have included metallic inks for the most part. So common practice would have to used the base of aluminum or gold foil and print black on top of it. The common issues with these types of printing jobs was either delamination of the ink from the metallic base, or scratching off of the printed top layer. I would think the base of those was originally a aluminum Mylar base as that was a common flexible base for tons of printing jobs including bumper stickers.
1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »
I would think this particular decal style I would seal on the surface with clear 3M vinyl like I do with my spring tags and other items.  This would give it that slightly shiny finish.  I'm also feeling I will go with White print unless evidence comes forward to indicate Gold.

The one I did a year or so ago was about 4" wide which is less than the White decals.  I imagine that measurement came from the person who wanted it.  I will likely go with that size unless somebody can provide more concrete input.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

IZRSSS

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
Works fore me...where do I sign up??? ;D

Don_Lightfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »
Works fore me...where do I sign up??? ;D
You don't have to be an AARP member Marty  :-)

I'll post a picture in here once I get the punch and have a sample made up.
WEBSITE
Specialized Chevrolet Decals

anything