Author Topic: Another Penske Camaro Model (Spark, 1:43 Diecast)  (Read 6338 times)

OCTARD

• View Profile
Another Penske Camaro Model (Spark, 1:43 Diecast)
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »
Hello Guys,

I was just looking through a New Zealand Classic Car magazine that member KiwiBoss sent me, and there is a note about a Penske/Sunoco Camaro model I'd not yet seen.  This one is 1:43, built by Spark, and a representation of the championship car run in 1968.

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1507/index.html

I'm sure others like Mike K. (Swede70) and Mike C. (cuda48) have seen these, but it was new for me.

-Chad

cuda48

• View Profile
Re: Another Penske Camaro Model (Spark, 1:43 Diecast)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »
Yeah...saw something about this  a month or so ago. Haven't seen one in person yet but it looks good in the photos.
Mike

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »
Thanks,

Yes, a nice model.  First production run sold out quickly, second run now on market.  Same firm has vast catalog that also contains a '70 Chapparal Camaro in 1:43rd scale, and given the success of the '68 Donohue Camaro, it seems very likely that they will o.k. production on it.  Given the softness of the diecast market, it isn't unheard of for companies to fish for preorders before commiting to manufacture a model.  Hope we will see an expansion of this range.  Again, thank you...

Mike K.

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
Greetings,

More added to the Spark range in 1:43rd scale, with an Ed Leslie '70 Chaparral Camaro the newest item.  It seems to be hitting vendors now, so if intrigued, likely act soon.  About $70 U.S. at the time this message was posted.  

Thought it might be of interest.  

Mike

Swede70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
Greetings,

Not exceptional, but a 1:64 Hot Wheels 1970 Chaparral Camaro is out there - somewhere.  Behind the scenes banter suggests the HW line including this topic has been eliminated and production light, whereas some examples have touched down in Canada and maybe - Brazil.  Strangely-proportioned, with what appears to be a L88 hood and an RS front end plus chromed wheels not strictly desired.  Fated to be rare for all this, hence deservedly ignore or gather one soon.  

Mike K.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »
Kind of a strange representation of the car, Mike. Not all that unusual for Hot Wheels, however.

The wheels on the back of this car make it look like a Pro-Street car, and the L88 style hood continues the misrepresentation. Too bad.
Jon Mello
CRG

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »
Another 1/43 model is available for the '67-'68 Penske Camaro. The maker is SMTS and it is available as a prebuilt model or as a kit.
Looks pretty decent but I've never seen one in person.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything