Author Topic: Hemmings Muscle Machine  (Read 4340 times)

HOT3O2

• View Profile
Hemmings Muscle Machine
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:30:47 AM »
There's a great article in the new (Feb. Issue) of Hemmings Muscle Machine. It also has some interesting photos of early Camaros racing the Trans-Am series.
Rick
69 RS/Z28

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hemmings Muscle Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 04:25:56 AM »
I got told about that particular magazine but don't have a subscription and so far have not been able to find it on a newsstand. Thanks for posting about it though. It will remind me to keep looking for it.
Jon Mello
CRG

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »
That has become a very good magazine, got mine yesterday. Jon, maybe you can shed some light on the Yenco '69 car in the article. It has vent windows and they guessed it had been rebodied from the '67 car. Is that what happened? Good to see the red Z-16 brought a good price at auction.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
The Camaro, which was red in '69 and white in '70, was built by Randy Randazzo of New Jersey for Bob Grossman. It was never a Smokey Yunick car. It was built from some parts from a '67 and also a '68 but was reskinned to be a '69. I believe Yenko was primarily a co-driver of the car and brought the Marlbank sponsorship to it but the ownership was really by Grossman and Randazzo. That's my understanding anyway.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything