Author Topic: Which factory assembly manual to get?  (Read 9258 times)

67L48

• View Profile
Which factory assembly manual to get?
« on: June 05, 2006, 03:42:03 PM »
For the 1967 Factory Assembly Manual, I have seen four different ones available online:
  • There's the bound one with the red art on the front
  • There's a loose-leaf one with blue art on the front
  • There's a another blue print loose-leaf version
  • There's a loose-leaf with green art on the front

I like the idea of a 3-hole punch version, so that I can lay the manual open flat.  However, those who sell the bound (red artwork) manual generally make claims about it being higher quality than the loose leaf versions.  For instance, Rick's discription states:  "These are quality perfect bound books, not hard to read loose leaf like some others."

So, is there really a difference?  Should I trade the convenience of a loose leaf manual for the quality of the bound one?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:50:44 PM by 67L48 »

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

67L48

• View Profile
Re: Which factory assembly manual to get?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:54:14 PM »
Here's yet another loose-leaf version:

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
Re: Which factory assembly manual to get?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:03:26 AM »
I have the repro bound one for a '68 from Rick's (the top one you show.) It's well-done and easy to read, and lists all the part #s, places to put sealer, torque specs..all of it. It's comprehensive and
very detailed. Expensive, sure, but well worth the money.  I can't speak for the loose-leaf versions but anyone doing a 1st-time frame-off needs the bound one. My 2 cents.
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior