Author Topic: The Camaro Nationals June 24th & 25th in Frederick, MD  (Read 21911 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Re: The Camaro Nationals June 24th & 25th in Frederick, MD
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
Good grief Bill, who's the schmoe on page 13 with the red white and blue shirt?  Hope he's not a friend of yours! ;D
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

firstgenfever

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
I drove all day Thursday to attended the show on Friday.  Being new to Camaros, this was my first National event so I didn't know what to expect. I must have set my expectations too high as I was somewhat disappointed. I chose to go on Friday as my main intent was to pick up parts for my project and I figured the selection would be best on the 1st day of the event. I only saw 1 parts vendor selling new items and 2 people selling parts in more of a swap meet type environment. I did purchase a few items from the vendor selling new parts. He mentioned that he wished he new there wasn't going to be any competition as he would have brought everything he had. I will commend him on his character as he kept his prices very competitive and in my case lower than the catalog I typically purchase from. The other two guys had nice parts but nothing I was looking for. I did speak with somebody associated with the event about the lack of vendors and they noted that it should be better on Saturday as most people have to work during the week. I thought this was odd as I was told the # of vendors at Carlisle was plentiful.

It doesn't sound like there will be any reconciliation with Carlisle and the ACA but I sure hope one of them decide to change their date. I made the best of my visit to MD but will really have a decision on my hands for the 2012 event.

IZRSSS

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
    Speaking of birthday suit...thanks Billy :o    

Marty Don't you think those pics are too much for your 50+ year old heart? You should have skipped them. ;D

... ;)

IZRSSS

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
I drove all day Thursday to attended the show on Friday...

Man you guys are spoiled. 7 1st gen camaros is the most I have ever counted at any NM shows. There are plenty of the new camaros but all I have to do is drive to the local Chevy dealership and look at those all day long. As for parts at our shows...there are plenty if you want your 1st gen tricked out. Appreciate what you have in your own back yard.

I spotted what looked like two L48's in Billy's lattest pics. One is bright green and appears to be spot on. Is this John's car or can I find it in any other pics?

restore-z28

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 04:13:52 AM »
Billy, thanks for posting the link to the pics. The show looked amazing and what a turn out.
Sonny
1969 Z28 Camaro, sold :-(
1970 Z28 Camaro
www.camaros.ca

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
Marty,
The Rallye Green L-48 is mine.That's one of the reasons I was hoping to see your car, I don't get to see many restored back to stock.
After 2nd in class the past four years at the Nationals I was pleased to win 1st in class, 67-69 stock, this year.I'd be happy to send you some pics, let me know what you are looking for.
Maroman, yeah I know that guy in the red,white and blue shirt.It's always nice to have him around to help w/ security :)
restore-z28, my pleasure glad you enjoyed the pics.
Billy
1969 RS/SS 350/300 Rallye Green . Black Vinyl Top

IZRSSS

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
Great looking car Billy! And...congratulations on your 1st in class award. Judging from the pics, you also had some pretty stiff competition.

As for my car being restored back to stock, lets just say I thought it was until I joined this site. It was a rude but welcoming awakening. No way is it the caliber of what I've seen on this site. I had no idea you guys were so anal  ;)...just what I was searching for!  My guess is around 85%, and thanks to CRG I'm gaining ground. My goal is to have it close to where it needs to be before I make the short 1900 mile journey  to your neck of the woods.

It would be great if you can send me some pics. I am particularly interested in detailed pics of the engine bay & under carrage. But I certainly won't turn down any others you may have. I will PM you my email address.

Thanks again!

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »
Thanks for the pics Bill. I see I missed some good cars by not coming Friday. Your buddy's wife looks a lot better then he does!! Tell him this was sent from the D&S Bed and Breakfast in Hershey. See if the llightbulb comes on.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

68camaroz28

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »
After 2nd in class the past four years at the Nationals I was pleased to win 1st in class, 67-69 stock, this year.I'd be happy to send you some pics, let me know what you are looking for.
Billy

How many cars were in class? How many cars judged in legends and red, white, and blue? Thanks for the pics Billy :)
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »
Chick,
Sorry I haven't had a chance to answer your question about Judged cars.I'm not sure how many cars that were in the two buildings that were Bowtie, Legends Bowtie,Legends and Vintage Judged.I will try to find out for you. We don't do red, white and blue anymore. The Maryland Camaro Club Judged 68 cars in the Heartbeat class.This is the 200 point "show and shine" class.There were 26 different Heartbeat Classes.
There were 4 cars in my class this year.
Billy
1969 RS/SS 350/300 Rallye Green . Black Vinyl Top