Author Topic: Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS  (Read 9114 times)

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
I was wondering if you could tell me if it's possible to get copies of detailed engineered drawings, or CAD drawings of a particular vehicle I am interested in modeling. I model in 3D using Google SketchUp and also do static models in 1/8 scale, and I'm interested in doing a model of the car I drove in high school. It's a 1969 Z-28 Camero RS. I sure would appreciate knowing if anything is available for my project, or if there would be any issues of me doing a model like this. Thank so much for your time.

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:32:25 PM »
Well, the first thing before we proceed is to get you to spell Camero correctly. That's  "Cam A ro.... There is no "E" in Camaro. If you actually owned one of these cars, then you should be able to spell it, right?  ..ha ha... I can't help ya with the drawings. But maybe someone will chime in.....Good Luck........Danny

jmcbeth

• 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
 I don't know of any engineering drawings available. Is there a way of taking detailed photos and converting them to drawings? If so, I am sure members here (including me) can provide detailed photos.
John
1969 Camaro Z/28 RS
Numbers Matching

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
Well, the first thing before we proceed is to get you to spell Camero correctly. That's  "Cam A ro.... There is no "E" in Camaro. If you actually owned one of these cars, then you should be able to spell it, right?  ..ha ha... I can't help ya with the drawings. But maybe someone will chime in.....Good Luck........Danny

Thanks for the correction Danny, or is that Denny? LOL!

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
I don't know of any engineering drawings available. Is there a way of taking detailed photos and converting them to drawings? If so, I am sure members here (including me) can provide detailed photos.

I would imagine that could be done. I have a 1/25 scale model ordered, and an assembly manual ordered in hopes that I can get the information off of those two sources. If I come up with something good, I'll make sure to post it here.

Thanks for your responses.

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
Thought you guys would like to see the quality of modeling that's going into our 1/8 scale project.

http://public.fotki.com/bills69camaro/camaro-build/

We have used this example to pitch to GM what we would use their supplied drawings for.

Enjoy.

IZRSSS

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
Wow

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
i think you can get what you need from an A.I.M.
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
i think you can get what you need from an A.I.M.

A.I.M.? Care to clarify?

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »
Assembly Instruction Manual...you can find them on eBay.

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Assembly Instruction Manual...you can find them on eBay.

Yep got one of those, and the manual on CD, but the drawings are useless, but the information is a good reference. I really need more detailed drawings and dimensions.

IZRSSS

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
Yep got one of those, and the manual on CD, but the drawings are useless I really need more detailed drawings and dimensions.

I might be going out on a limb here but perhaps an engineer?

jk1969z28

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:33 AM »
Hi Jax,

I love models, here is a link to some that I have done, http://z28models.tripod.com/   These are 1/25 scale Revell, I have found that this is an excellent kit, does need a little bit of tweeking because they molded in the wheel opening trim, there is also a 1/12 scale by Revell that is also excellent, the body's for both are very faithful.  Are you making a kit, that would be outstanding given the detail in you pictures, just make sure you get the body RIGHT or it will look funny if you know what I mean, there are plenty of bad diecasts. The Highway 61 diecast is very good though.  MCW is a great place to get matching factory paint and yes I painted the stripes.

Regards,
Jerry K.

william1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
Thought you guys would like to see the quality of modeling that's going into our 1/8 scale project.

http://public.fotki.com/bills69camaro/camaro-build/

We have used this example to pitch to GM what we would use their supplied drawings for.

Enjoy.

thats amazing stuff,

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »
Hi Jax,

I love models, here is a link to some that I have done, http://z28models.tripod.com/   These are 1/25 scale Revell, I have found that this is an excellent kit, does need a little bit of tweeking because they molded in the wheel opening trim, there is also a 1/12 scale by Revell that is also excellent, the body's for both are very faithful.  Are you making a kit, that would be outstanding given the detail in you pictures, just make sure you get the body RIGHT or it will look funny if you know what I mean, there are plenty of bad diecasts. The Highway 61 diecast is very good though.  MCW is a great place to get matching factory paint and yes I painted the stripes.

Regards,
Jerry K.

Nice work Jerry.

A kit is something I'm hoping will come out of this, but right now I need some good CAD or Tech drawings so I can model the parts. Trying to stay focused on that, and we will see how it develops.

Does anyone own any of the books done by Jason Scott? I was wondering if the drawings were any cleaner then the assembly manual. Or if his books are in electronic format.

Thanks for all the great comments guys.