Author Topic: Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS  (Read 9115 times)

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
I was wondering if you could tell me if it's possible to get copies of detailed engineered drawings, or CAD drawings of a particular vehicle I am interested in modeling. I model in 3D using Google SketchUp and also do static models in 1/8 scale, and I'm interested in doing a model of the car I drove in high school. It's a 1969 Z-28 Camero RS. I sure would appreciate knowing if anything is available for my project, or if there would be any issues of me doing a model like this. Thank so much for your time.

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Drawings of 1969 Z-28 Camero RS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:32:25 PM »
Well, the first thing before we proceed is to get you to spell Camero correctly. That's  "Cam A ro.... There is no "E" in Camaro. If you actually owned one of these cars, then you should be able to spell it, right?  ..ha ha... I can't help ya with the drawings. But maybe someone will chime in.....Good Luck........Danny

jmcbeth

• 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
 I don't know of any engineering drawings available. Is there a way of taking detailed photos and converting them to drawings? If so, I am sure members here (including me) can provide detailed photos.
John
1969 Camaro Z/28 RS
Numbers Matching

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »
Well, the first thing before we proceed is to get you to spell Camero correctly. That's  "Cam A ro.... There is no "E" in Camaro. If you actually owned one of these cars, then you should be able to spell it, right?  ..ha ha... I can't help ya with the drawings. But maybe someone will chime in.....Good Luck........Danny

Thanks for the correction Danny, or is that Denny? LOL!

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:06 PM »
I don't know of any engineering drawings available. Is there a way of taking detailed photos and converting them to drawings? If so, I am sure members here (including me) can provide detailed photos.

I would imagine that could be done. I have a 1/25 scale model ordered, and an assembly manual ordered in hopes that I can get the information off of those two sources. If I come up with something good, I'll make sure to post it here.

Thanks for your responses.

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
Thought you guys would like to see the quality of modeling that's going into our 1/8 scale project.

http://public.fotki.com/bills69camaro/camaro-build/

We have used this example to pitch to GM what we would use their supplied drawings for.

Enjoy.

IZRSSS

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
Wow

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
i think you can get what you need from an A.I.M.
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
i think you can get what you need from an A.I.M.

A.I.M.? Care to clarify?

IZRSSS

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 03:24:27 AM »
Assembly Instruction Manual...you can find them on eBay.

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 02:28:01 PM »
Assembly Instruction Manual...you can find them on eBay.

Yep got one of those, and the manual on CD, but the drawings are useless, but the information is a good reference. I really need more detailed drawings and dimensions.

IZRSSS

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
Yep got one of those, and the manual on CD, but the drawings are useless I really need more detailed drawings and dimensions.

I might be going out on a limb here but perhaps an engineer?

jk1969z28

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 03:29:33 AM »
Hi Jax,

I love models, here is a link to some that I have done, http://z28models.tripod.com/   These are 1/25 scale Revell, I have found that this is an excellent kit, does need a little bit of tweeking because they molded in the wheel opening trim, there is also a 1/12 scale by Revell that is also excellent, the body's for both are very faithful.  Are you making a kit, that would be outstanding given the detail in you pictures, just make sure you get the body RIGHT or it will look funny if you know what I mean, there are plenty of bad diecasts. The Highway 61 diecast is very good though.  MCW is a great place to get matching factory paint and yes I painted the stripes.

Regards,
Jerry K.

william1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 12:45:43 PM »
Thought you guys would like to see the quality of modeling that's going into our 1/8 scale project.

http://public.fotki.com/bills69camaro/camaro-build/

We have used this example to pitch to GM what we would use their supplied drawings for.

Enjoy.

thats amazing stuff,

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »
Hi Jax,

I love models, here is a link to some that I have done, http://z28models.tripod.com/   These are 1/25 scale Revell, I have found that this is an excellent kit, does need a little bit of tweeking because they molded in the wheel opening trim, there is also a 1/12 scale by Revell that is also excellent, the body's for both are very faithful.  Are you making a kit, that would be outstanding given the detail in you pictures, just make sure you get the body RIGHT or it will look funny if you know what I mean, there are plenty of bad diecasts. The Highway 61 diecast is very good though.  MCW is a great place to get matching factory paint and yes I painted the stripes.

Regards,
Jerry K.

Nice work Jerry.

A kit is something I'm hoping will come out of this, but right now I need some good CAD or Tech drawings so I can model the parts. Trying to stay focused on that, and we will see how it develops.

Does anyone own any of the books done by Jason Scott? I was wondering if the drawings were any cleaner then the assembly manual. Or if his books are in electronic format.

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

jk1969z28

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 04:09:29 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Jax!!  The more I look at your photos the more I'd like to have one.  A few quick questions and comments.  If you are doing a Z28 model will you have a manual transmission and 302 sticker, and can you do a flat hood?  Also the Caution sticker (decal) that you made for the fan shroud is not a Chevy sticker, I think that is a Ford sticker, a common mistake by a lot of the full size cars that get judged at the Camaro Nationals.  Can't wait to see the completed project!!

Jerry K.

Jaxcoffee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Jax!!  The more I look at your photos the more I'd like to have one.  A few quick questions and comments.  If you are doing a Z28 model will you have a manual transmission and 302 sticker, and can you do a flat hood?  Also the Caution sticker (decal) that you made for the fan shroud is not a Chevy sticker, I think that is a Ford sticker, a common mistake by a lot of the full size cars that get judged at the Camaro Nationals.  Can't wait to see the completed project!!

Jerry K.

Thanks Jerry,

My part is to model all the parts in 3D for them to be printed out on a 3D printer. Mainly for the process of duplication. What will be any or all options for any kind of kit has yet to be determined. I'm sure it would be quite easy to include the options you mention.

Thanks for the heads up on the sticker also.

anything