Author Topic: My 69 not that much fun anymore  (Read 29021 times)

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: My 69 not that much fun anymore
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
That armor all was also helpfull on dates, just make a hard right turn.....
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

LB68SS350

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
Wayne - the Z looks great! I don't think I've heard it since you did the motor work. If it ever stops raining maybe we can take 'em out. The '68 is ready! I'll try to "keep up" LOL.       Larry

zman1969

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »
the thought of having a perfectly restored nut and bolt car is to me just a thought. I want a driver- a nice one but not perfect - chips/dings be damned! I'm not going to live forever, My son can do with it what he wants when I'm gone
Rich
69 RS/Z DZ302 Daytona bumble bee
69 T/A clone LS6/6sp
69 Nova SS 396

JoeC

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
I been collecting the day2 stuff for many years. Mainly the parts in the 60s early 70s Motion Catologs. The real day2 stuff is hard to find like the CD Ignition box, fuel pumps , Holley 3BB, NMW toe tabs, early Edelbrock intake, Sun gauges, Thrush muflers, Inglewood tires, correct wheels, etc.

I just found some of the 7mm soild core burnt orange color ignition wire that I had wanted to get for many years. The seller found it in his basement left over from the speed shop he had back in the day.

finding each real day2 part is like a mini barn find :)

9T4Z

• View Profile
    • Gary's Camaro
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 01:14:42 AM »
the thought of having a perfectly restored nut and bolt car is to me just a thought. I want a driver- a nice one but not perfect - chips/dings be damned! I'm not going to live forever, My son can do with it what he wants when I'm gone
Well, I'm just about finished turning the nut and bolt restored car into a 'day 2''  Very happy with the result.  Edelbrock, Holly, Accel, Dynomax.  Stock wheels for now.

gf
Gary 9T4Z

94Z rag blower 491 rwhp (now 505!)
69 Pace Car, 70RS,91Z,91RS

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »
Nothing better than going for a country side drive in our 68 Z . It has all original drive-line but oh yes the engine paint and manifolds  have burnt , worn out paint on them but I do not worry anymore. I use to worry about every bug , chip,ding and idiot that pointed out faults on the Z . When I drive it now I just smile to think of the feeling of actually owning a real 68 Z even if it is not a trailer queen. Enjoy the car you worked hard to buy ,own and maintain.Its your choice what you do with it. ;D ;D
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

jmcbeth

• 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »
Gary,

Thanks for the post.  Many of us have or are facing the same questions. I finished Legends last year. The three year quest was one of the most fun periods of my collector car phase. (Remember Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man?) The research, finding parts, restoring parts, making new friends, earning points back, etc. was very, very rewarding for me. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I have wondered about "life after Legends". My solution is to focus on my other '69, non-numbers matching Camaro. Jerry MacNeish calls it my "mutt". Personally, I really like the Day 2 approach, which is where I am leaning. So, why not do both? I plan to keep the Legends car for special occasions and drive the wheels off the Day 2 car.

John
John
1969 Camaro Z/28 RS
Numbers Matching

mopar346

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 11:51:46 PM »
You can do the day 2 thing to a degree that doesn't damage the core and then it can be put back if you so desire at a later date with minimal effort.