Author Topic: AIM?  (Read 18485 times)

IZRSSS

Re: AIM?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
This just about takes all the wind out of my sail. Sorry guys I gave it my best shot....

Thanks John...This "friend" was also going to charge me twice the going rate.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 06:32:43 PM »
The versions in the GM archives that I saw were not on microfiche, but original vellum. Copies got released to the parts vendors somehow and people have been making copies of the copies ever since....
Kurt S
CRG

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »
Sure would be nice if the General would authorize reproduction direct from the microfiche.......
Personally quality being equal, I would prefer loose leaf in a binder. Would be easy enough to copy pages to use in the garage as needed. Digital would be even better.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »
Marty,

Just sent you a PM.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »
So I am hating not being able to read anything at the bottom of the pages. Mine is the loose leaf version. I saw the one on ebay that has the green bands at top and bottom and saw one that had blue bands across the top and bottom.  anyone have an opinion on the blue or green?
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

69pace

• View Profile
    • TeamCamaro - Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
Wow this is an old thread but what you find out there is a mix of GM licensed and boot-legged reprints.

I bought my first AIM at a swap meet back in 1982. It is loose leaf bound with plastic binder. I was an obvious Xerox copy of an original and it is printed on green paper. While it was bound with a plastic binder spine, the pages and the cover were also 3 hole punched so you could take it apart and stick it in a standard notebook binder. It was 25 bucks.

I bought another swap meet one that was professionally bound like a real book but again the quality is bad on some pages but different ones then the first. This AIM has a green cover (same picture as the other one I already had) and is printed - again a Xerox copy - on white paper. Item number MP74 for $19.95 since the hand written price tag is still on the cover.

While I had a boot-legged copy on PDF that someone gave me, I wanted a legal digital copy and ordered the official copy from Dave Graham Auto Literature. I ordered 1969, but the disc has all three years, and at the time I placed my order they included a free copy of the printed 1969 AIM version so it was a win win win for me and it was cheap. $22.99 plus shipping from their 800 number.  Still on-sale through their website and Amazon. http://davegrahamauto.com/ Word to the wise the catalog is HUGH and takes 5 to 10 minutes to download, but you can call them for what you want.

Why keep 4 printed copies?  Well I keep one in the garage, one in the library, one at my desk and a spare in my room. I use the PDF a lot to snap pages to JPEGS for posting over at Team Camaro as the legal digital version has too many security hoops to jump through to get a copy of a page made. I guess the answer is to say I use all my copies to find hopefully one that has a clear copy of whatever page I'm trying to use. Out of my collection the legal printed and digital copy are the cleanest print wise but still some of the change logs at the bottom are hard to make out.

1969 Z-11 350/300 with 4 Speed
TeamCamaro - Moderator

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »
Thank you I will check that out. I searched and this was the closest I could find. 
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible