Well, I said I'd get back on this. It's been extremely hard to get much work done on the 67 but I finally got something accomplished.
I took the quadrajet to a local retired mechanic I know. Back in the day he got some training on the Q-Jet from GM. He said there was some tarnish and corrosion inside. I provided him with a rebuld kit and new float when I took it to him. He cleaned it out, used whatever he needed from the rebuild kit, used the new float, and brought it over today. We installed it, fired it up, and he adjusted it. Now it runs just fine. The engine is still breaking in and he said it sounds really good.
I bought the carb about 12 years ago. I collected parts for years in preparation for the eventual restoration. It was completely rebuilt and looking like new but I had to leave it sit all of this time until I was ready to use it. That obviously wasn't good but I really didn't have much choice. The engine sounds great and now I can actually be in the garage while the car is running. Until now I couldn't stand next to the car for more than a few minutes while it was running because the fumes were so bad, and that's with the car backed up to a 16' door. It was really bad.
One of these days I might actually be able to drive this thing.
Thanks to all of those that were interested and tried to help.