CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 10:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105839 Posts in 12350 Topics by 4761 Members
Latest Member: GregJay
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  1969 z/28 rally wheel paint
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1969 z/28 rally wheel paint  (Read 1891 times)
asm69

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2006, 04:47:01 PM »

I am in the process of having the rally wheels on my 1969 z/28 painted to the factory colors.
I do realize that the silver color is called Argent silver. My paint man wants to know what
the paint chips are or the color mixing charts. He uses Dupont paints. I would appreciate any
direction as to identify how to mix the dupont paint in order to achieve the Argent silver
color.
RamAirDave

RamAirDave
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:49:43 AM »

Have him look up a code 14 for Argent Silver.

Im in that process right now, and it can be a tough mix to get.  Most of what we have found is in a lacquer code.  Talked to one of our paint reps last week, and code 14 rang a bell to him for that application, and he said he can get the mix for it.

dave

"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com
asm69

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »

Let me know if you find anything out. I also went to the Dupont web site. They have a historical color chip section for older paint
codes. Here is the link for Dupont performance coatings.

http://www.performancecoatings.dupont.com/bowstreet5/webengine/dpc/common/Controller/Action!_pageDispatcher/InnerModel!dpc/modules/Login/OuterModel!dpc/common/Controller/InnerAction!visitorAction

Let me know anytype of information. I will be contacting my paint person next week.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: