Author Topic: 1969 z/28 rally wheel paint  (Read 5558 times)

asm69

• View Profile
1969 z/28 rally wheel paint
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:47:01 PM »
I am in the process of having the rally wheels on my 1969 z/28 painted to the factory colors.
I do realize that the silver color is called Argent silver. My paint man wants to know what
the paint chips are or the color mixing charts. He uses Dupont paints. I would appreciate any
direction as to identify how to mix the dupont paint in order to achieve the Argent silver
color.

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
Re: 1969 z/28 rally wheel paint
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 06:49:43 AM »
Have him look up a code 14 for Argent Silver.

Im in that process right now, and it can be a tough mix to get.  Most of what we have found is in a lacquer code.  Talked to one of our paint reps last week, and code 14 rang a bell to him for that application, and he said he can get the mix for it.

dave
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

asm69

• View Profile
Re: 1969 z/28 rally wheel paint
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 05:20:59 PM »
Let me know if you find anything out. I also went to the Dupont web site. They have a historical color chip section for older paint
codes. Here is the link for Dupont performance coatings.

http://www.performancecoatings.dupont.com/bowstreet5/webengine/dpc/common/Controller/Action!_pageDispatcher/InnerModel!dpc/modules/Login/OuterModel!dpc/common/Controller/InnerAction!visitorAction

Let me know anytype of information. I will be contacting my paint person next week.

Thanks.

anything