CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 08:45:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
102525 Posts in 12094 Topics by 4669 Members
Latest Member: paulmanta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Engine Decals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Engine Decals  (Read 1611 times)
Vince

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »

I'm only going by memory here so bear with me.  I am under the impression that the original engine decals that went on the air cleaner tops circa 1960's and early 1970's, that had the engine cid, turbo fire for small blocks, turbo jet for big blocks, and the horsepower, had the adhesive on the back of a thin piece of cardboard something like the thickness of one side of a manila folder.  On the top of the cardboard was a silver foil with the info in red.   Does this sound correct?  It seems all new repos are just mylar with the lettering on the top and adhesive on the back but no cardboard in between.  Does anyone know where I might be able to get an original decal or a repo one with the thin cardboard in between?  I need one for a 1969 Z/28.  Thank you. 
william
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »

Your memory is correct. I was involved with a local Chevy dealer who started a side business furnishing Camaro parts to the locals. I recall an order form for Prentiss[?] Products in Indiana listing every air cleaner decal ever used by Chevy. They had to be purchased in quantity 20 of each or so. They were of much heavier construction than the stuff offered today.
Larry

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »

Does anybody offer a complete set of engine and underhood decals as a package? Trying to figure out what all the decals are and where they go takes some research.

Larry

69Z28-RS

owner since '76

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 01:21:15 AM »

to follow up on what William said above, there's a reference in an old Chevy Special Performance manual for decals/stick ons from:

Prentice Products Corp.
Baer Field
Fort wayne, IN  46809

Gary W.  /  69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood all tint
69 Corvette convertible, silver/black 350 hp,
60 Corvette white/red, 72 Corvette coupe (2), 
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55 Nomad, '57 Nomad, '57 B/A Sedan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: