CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97547 Posts in 11720 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Wiper Motor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Wiper Motor  (Read 4526 times)
flyingskibiker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

Yes.  I bought a complete grommet kit that has the grommets, ground tab, and metal washers/sleeves.  Most of the usual vendors have them.
nwbalddog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »

Did you swap out the brass tab, and if so how did you get the old one out and new one in? 

1969 Camarao Convertible
396/SS/RS/Auto
flyingskibiker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »

I plan on swapping out the whole kit.  I just dug it out of my parts bin.  It looks to me like the brass O ring/spade is just captured between the sleeve and grommet.  It freely spins around the sleeve.  So, I would say that if one pulled the sleeve out of the grommet, the brass ring would just come off.  I guess after many years in place, it could have become more perminately attached.?.?
KevinW

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:05 AM »

The brass ring's tab is sandwiched between the plate halves to provide a good ground path.  If it comes out of the paltes, then there is your problem. You have to seperarate the plate halves (riveted together) to get the brass tab out.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: