Author Topic: Legal Action...  (Read 7373 times)

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Legal Action...
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:43:59 AM »
   What happened to the classicgary thread - did CRG get threatened with legal action as well and have to close the thread down?
   I was just in the process of posting a response that tongue in cheek suggested that might be the next thing to happen when the obviously new heavyweight 'members' with no posting history landed here today to heap scorn on classicgary and spread their threats around regarding legal action and cover up the BJ auction deal.
   Guess I was right on the mark - just not quick enough - no?
   Its too bad when people with enough clout (and or $$$'s) can quash the truth in the world just by using bullying tactics to enable them to cover up such piles of crap and I'm disappointed in the CRG for allowing that to obviously happen here.
    It is my hope that the buyer of the car in question sues the arses off all of those involved with the exception of classicgary who apparently admitted long ago, so he says, to his role in the creation of the car recently sold.
   The whole auction scene and especially the stench eminating from BJ is tarnishing the whole collector car hobby - but then that is usually what happens when gangsters and big money get involved in anything... IMHO

Randy (you may want to ban me before I can get sued as well)

666 the legend

• View Profile
Re: Legal Action...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:12:57 AM »
.....I smell a " DELETE " comin..??
67 SS/RS Royal Plum 4 speed...
68 Impala Custom
68 Nova [ Yenko Clone]...
69 HURST/OLDS...# 57...
72 Trans/Am.. 4 speed..
73 Plymouth barracuda

Motion71Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:24 AM »
This is my first post on this board. would have liked to seen discussion about this particular car on BJ. I worked at a parts store back in Montana through the 1990's and had become known as a camaro nut. I had one person bring in pics of his 1969 Z/28 Camaro he had bought new. I am pretty sure it is same car. Flat hood rally green white stripes rally sport z. also it did have chambered exhaust on it. If you watch the part where they show the original photo the car has a Montana License plate on the front. The first two #'s on the plate signify the county where car is registered. I had the DVR record the event and had my wife watch the green Z/28. Because green is her favorite color. She is the one who noticed the original Conrad Montana license plate in the photograph.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 04:24:27 AM »
Gary asked us to edit his comments in that discussion. I took the post down while that happens.
Kurt S
CRG

SSJunkie68-69

• What was I thinking.....Dierks Bentley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
So once the edit is finished, is it CRG's intention to put the thread back up?

I felt that this thread was very informative as to what can happen when old paperwork is sold and the car is beyound being repairable as it appears to be the case with this particular instance.  As I stated in that thread, before it was taken down for editing, we need to KEEP THE REAL CARS REAL and expose the ones that are not.

A lot of people are watching this and we owe it to the perservation of our hobby not to sweep it under the rug as we have seen happened in the past.
1968 SS L34 Convertible Work in Process
1968 SS/RS L34 Convertible Restored
1969 SS L89 Coupe Vintage Certifed

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »
So once the edit is finished, is it CRG's intention to put the thread back up?

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4432.0

Paul

SSJunkie68-69

• What was I thinking.....Dierks Bentley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:34:19 PM »
Thanks CRG for putting the original thread back up
1968 SS L34 Convertible Work in Process
1968 SS/RS L34 Convertible Restored
1969 SS L89 Coupe Vintage Certifed

anything