Author Topic: Reproduction wheel well moldings. Opinion wanted.  (Read 3252 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Reproduction wheel well moldings. Opinion wanted.
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:55 PM »
I asked this a couple of years ago, but I have been told that even better repro stuff has come out since then.  I bought a set of repro wheel well moldings years ago and they were not even close.  Has anyone installed the latest repro chrome wheel well moldings on a 69 and how was the fit?  I have three NOS wheel well molding for my 69 and I only need the passenger rear.  I can not find one at any price.  I have seen them in a complete set, but understandably, no one wants to break up the set.  So, how does the repro stuff fit?  Or, does anyone have for sale a passenger rear? 

sshippe

• View Profile
Re: Reproduction wheel well moldings. Opinion wanted.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:25 PM »
A friend and I spent several Pomona's looking for the same right rear.  He had a set with one in his hand for $375.  the only one with opened packaging was the RR.  He thought it may be used so he put it down.  This spring he found a set of the new repo's at the Jefferson Swap meet and he said they were perfect.  He bought both sets the vendor had, went home and finished his 69 Pace Car.  According to him they look perfect.