Author Topic: 67 camaro what do i have?  (Read 26933 times)

qwertyme77

• View Profile
Re: 67 camaro what do i have?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 03:14:31 AM »
ok, all these pics werer taken shortly after i bought the car nineteen years ago. back then i was using it as a driver. i plan on undoing the "mickey mouse" bodywork that i did back then. as you can see, there was not much to the car when i got it. btw, the rear axle you see is a 10 bolt that came out of my 68 that i junked.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »
next shot

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 03:16:51 AM »
another with original doors

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 03:17:36 AM »
other side

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 03:19:07 AM »
after i painted the firewal.   
l does this show the hole??

if you notice, the car was originally no a/c, but since my 68 did have a/c......

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 03:23:42 AM »
and now the trim tag.  if you check the photos, you can see that i removed the tag when i repainted the firewall. i guess i should not have done that, but at least i was very careful to not enlarge the hole size in the tag or firewall.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 03:27:54 AM »
oh, i almost forgot the lovely shot of my floorboards. needless to say this work will be redone.

there is a white dot near the steering column on the firewall, i don't think it was dust on the negative, but maybe light coming through a hole??????

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 03:51:27 AM »
As you can tell, this car was in really sad shape when i got it, but i have spent nineteen years slowly collecting parts to restore this thing. Originally i put all my 68 parts in the car including the dash pad and tailights. I have nos quarters, outer wheelhouses, left fender, cowl vent panel, upper valence and front fender skirts. I'm still looking for an nos right fender. I also have repro inner wheel houses, trunk floor and floor pans (L & R) .  I also found a center console and guages, rear defog and courtesy lights.

I plan on leaving the a/c in the car, and i have a complete working ralley sport headlight assembly, as well as the tailight assemblies with lower backup lights. I would never consider claiming that the extra options were anything but owner installed, but i plan on doing it with as many original or nos parts as i can.

Oh, and for safety, i installed power front disc brakes from a 72 nova.

I know that since the original drive train is long gone, that this car will never command the value of other more original cars, but restoring this car has become an obsession now.

My brother is trying to talk me into buying one of the new repro complete bodies and putting my vin on it, but i really don't like that idea. He says that the state will just treat the new body as a very large replacement panel. what's your opinion on that ??

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
any word after looking at the pics to see if it is an ss350????

RickH

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 12:23:09 AM »
It's an SS350. The hole for the speedo is over the throttle lever and the other factory speedo hole is plugged.

That A/C unit is not original to the car and should not be there. The firewall is non-A/C.

Good luck.
Rick H.

qwertyme77

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 01:38:40 AM »
i know it is a non-a/c car, and i would never say that it came from the factory that way, but at my age i like the comfort of a/c so i plan on keeping it that way. i used a part of the firewall from the 68 camaro that i junked 19 years ago as a template to modify the fire wall, but it is completely reversible as i did not weld anything in.

thanx for the confirmation of it being an ss350 !! it will never be a show car, but then again i want to drive it so any serious shows are out of the question. just some local car cruises when it's done.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 03:16:45 AM »
Rick, glad you can see the hole over throttle lever! Too many shadows for me. I was gonna ask for a close-up. :)
Kurt S
CRG

RickH

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »
Rick, glad you can see the hole over throttle lever! Too many shadows for me. I was gonna ask for a close-up. :)

Kurt,
Just got a new pair of glasses and WOW I can see again.

Rick H.

rare4k

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »
don't cut the quarters off the car were the door stricker are, the quarters have the early TELEPHONE style quarters I dont think they are repo-ing them.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »

Kurt,
Just got a new pair of glasses and WOW I can see again.

Rick H.

Me too and I can see the plug on the first speedo hole.  But this was an auto?  So where would the speedo come out on a non-SS car with auto?
68Z28